Anyone tried "buttermilk blend?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Anyone tried this Buttermilk Blend in place of liquid buttermilk ? I made bread with it , not bad . I haven't tried anything else with it yet.

not sure, used to buy buttermilk powder. hardly ever used it and it would get very hard. try to just remember buttermilk if i am making something that calls for it.

babe:chef:

not sure, used to buy buttermilk powder. hardly ever used it and it would get very hard. try to just remember buttermilk if i am making something that calls for it.

babe:chef:

it is the powder, they call it buttermilk blend. It says to refrigerate after opening, it should keep for awhile.

Instead of worrying about having buttermilk on hand, why not make your own? To one cup of whatever type of milk you use add one tabolespoon of lemon juice or vinegar, let it sit five minutes then stir and use.

Instead of worrying about having buttermilk on hand, why not make your own? To one cup of whatever type of milk you use add one tabolespoon of lemon juice or vinegar, let it sit five minutes then stir and use.
I know about that , thanks for the reminder.

I like to make my ranch dressing from scratch, and when I can't get a 1/2 pt of buttermilk, I use a small container of yogurt. Haven't even seen this before and am curious (I live in a quite small town, so sometimes there are products I cannot acquire here). I will be looking for it!

Back
Top Bottom