I almost burned up my kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In addition to the fire extinguishers, whenever you have a pot on the stove with anything that might be flamable (and that means almost anything, but especially skillets when you're sauteeing or frying), make sure to have a lid near at hand. Even if it isn't a good fit, throwing a lid on a flaming mistake can put it out.

When buying an extinguisher for your kitchen, make sure it is good for all types of fires. If you buy the wrong one and you have a grease fire, you might spread the fire rather than put it out. If I remember right (and, gee, mine is 7 years old, time to look again and buy, no?) it is A/B/C, something that puts out all kinds of fires.

A number of years ago when I was a volunteer firefighter if the tones went off between 4 and 6 pm we could almost count on a "food on the stove" call. Most times it was out when we got there but every once in a while we had a working kitchen fire. Most all of them could have been avoided had the homewoner had a lid for all their pots and/or a good ABC fire extinguisher close at hand. Believe me when I say you don't want me or people like me coming to your house anytime let alone at dinner time....and because it is dinner time we don't really want to be there either.

I was seasoning my wok on the stove once, and forgot about it. Until I saw an orange flashing glow on the walls in the dining room. I ran into the kitchen and there were 5 foot flames coming from my wok. It was winter so I threw the wok in the snowbank. Burned my hand a little, not to bad. The hot oil exploded like a flash grenade when it hit the snow. It was cool!

Right not to leave a stove unattended.
Me too,I experienced like this I almost burned the house.

At that time,I leaved the stove with heating oil,then Lo! very dangerous when I came back coz big fire blazed.I don't knew what I did,but the not too worse because of my saviour broom.I bit the blazed of fire of my broom until it was quenced.

It was so dangerous moment,unforgetable,but I'm glad when I recall that moment.

these things are scary. Me and a friend fell asleep after a hrd night of partying, but we had forgotten about the drunken chicken wings we decided to throw in the oven. We woke up a few hours later and the smoke alarm was going off, whole house filled with smoke. It was funny at the time but later that day we realized it could have been serious. I usually grab some fast food if its late at night and im in rough shape, no need to cook after a long night.

oh and also if you have a pan on fire, wet a kitchen cloth, then ring it out, and then lid the pan with your damp cloth, turn off the heat and take off the cloth when it has cooled down.

We also have that same rule "Don't leave the stove unattended" in our house. We also double check to make sure that the stove has been turned off when finished 2x.

I'm glad everything turned out OK! and nothing serious happened.

i am interest in cooking.but now .i do not have many chance to do it. but i will get so many chance when i go broad to study..

Back
Top Bottom