SOS - Fizzy Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you mozart, We are all alive,lol and no one is puking their brains out...lol that was just so odd...and honestly im surprised it didnt happen to anyone else....

I have no idea what I made and it scares me. I have used left over turkey,2 cans of green beans,i can stewed tomatoes,and an onion,water,and spices. Cooked on low all night and then turned off Friday, and it was cool and weird fizzy,bubbles,almost as if it were like soda. What happened and did it ferment,were the green beans bad.... Any of this happen to anyone else....? its like a science experiment....lol:ohmy: but honestly,i am a tad scared,my husband ate some before the weirdness :yum: I read up on botulism,but does it bubble up?
Don't bother analysing it - throw it away. Enough said.

(A bit late now but bear in mind for next time)

yes,it is relevant,to me. Because I dont want a repeat and by nature I am inquisitive,knowing things and understanding things gives me knowledge and understanding........ best prevention of repeat episodes is understanding so one doesn't:chef: repeat it ....lol thank you everyone ;)

yes,it is relevant,to me. Because I dont want a repeat and by nature I am inquisitive,knowing things and understanding things gives me knowledge and understanding........ best prevention of repeat episodes is understanding so one doesn't:chef: repeat it ....lol thank you everyone ;)

One thing not to repeat is cooking a bunch of already cooked food overnight in a crockpot. 10 minutes in a saucepan is all it needed.

And never leave cooked food sitting out.

But regarding the fizzy soup, you will never know why it happened. It could have been a number of things.

It was not safe to eat. You threw it out. Case closed.

My thoughts exactly.

Susie,

I, for one, appreciate your wanting to know. Unfortunately, there are a number of things that could cause your fizzing. Tomatoes ferment easily, and you may have accelerated the process by using the slow cooker, and then leaving it sit. Bacteria is another possibility.

As others have said, long time cooking in a slow cooker should be reserved for raw foods. You could use the slow cooker for your soup, but 3-4 hours would provide all the blending of flavors and longer just breaks down the food.

Back
Top Bottom