Planted 30 Tomato Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomatoes like space and will produce more per plant when they have enough room. Also as far as frost goes, when it gets to the point that it is chilly at night use your shovel to cut the root system but leave plant standing, the tomatoes on the vine will get red.
What we usually do to ripen tomatoes at the end of the season is to put them in a brown paper bag in the kitchen drawer and they will ripen. Don't forget them or you could end up with a squishy mess in the drawer by Christmas!

Wow, those tomatoes plants look great! I'd love to have tomato plants. Can they grow in pots? I live in an apartment. My balcony is facing east, and we have sun all year round.

And I like organic veggies, so how should I feed the tomato plants?

Thank you :)

Yes, they can grow in pots; some varieties are bred to grow better in pots. Organic fertilizer should be available at the same place where you buy the plants.

In March I buy 1 gallon plants. I only have room for 2 plants, but once they start producing, that is all we need.
I have triangular cages rather than the conical ones, and they are 6 feet high. I had to reiforce then with steel fenceposts to keep the plants and wind from knocking them over.
I have 4 tomatoes left

Back
Top Bottom