"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison
Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
Sloppy dog. I like that idea, BT. I think I'll put the small amount of leftovers I had on a piece of toasted French bread today for lunch.

Yes, this was my first time using burgundy and I really liked the flavor it added. It doesn't jump out at you like the other red wines I use for other dishes. And it's drinkable! lol

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #32
Master Chef
ROTFL bucky!!

Glad you like it tima nd Pac.

Yes I love the flavor of burgundy. I can't deal with marsala. To strong.

You should try making burgundy gravy (for beef) for your yorkshire pudding and roast beef. YUMMY

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote

hot dogs, onions, recipe, tomato

Ms Mofet's Hot dogs with tomato & onions [B][U]Ms Mofet's Hot dogs with tomato & onions[/U][/B] [FONT=Verdana][B]Approximately 5 servings[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][B][U]Ingredients[/U] [/B][/FONT] [LIST] [*][FONT=Verdana]1 lb Hot dogs ([COLOR=black]≈ 16 oz)[B](*See note below)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]1 large onion ([COLOR=black]≈ 1 cup / ≈ 8 oz)[/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]1 stick butter [COLOR=black](≈ 4 oz)[/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]1 (6 oz) can tomato paste[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]1 cup water ([COLOR=black]≈ 8 oz) [/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]1/2 cup burgundy wine ([COLOR=black]≈ 4 oz)[/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Ground peppercorns[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Ground red pepper flakes[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Sea salt - ONLY if necessary[/FONT] [/LIST] [FONT=Verdana][B][U]Preparation[/U] [/B][/FONT] [LIST=1] [*][FONT=Verdana]Slice hot dogs into thin coins[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Slice onions thin[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Place butter, onions & hot dogs in pan[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Sauté till the hot dogs puff up and onions are soft[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Add tomato paste and stir well to break up paste[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Add water and wine; stir well[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Bring to boil for 2 minutes; lower to a simmer for 10 minutes or until flavor melds and hot dogs take on the other flavors.[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Taste and season with ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes (salt if needed)[/FONT] [/LIST] [FONT=Verdana]Serve in a bowl with crusty bread to dip or over pasta (pictured below).[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][B]*Note: I used Nathan's skinless bigger than the bun beef franks.[/B][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/hot_dogs_onion_tomato.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews