Chicken Supreme Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Chicken Supreme Casserole

1 box frozen chopped broccoli
cooked chicken cut into bite-size pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
bread crumbs

In a baking dish place broccoli and cover with chicken pieces, cover this with sauce made from soup, mayo, and curry powder, place bread crumbs on top. Sprinkle melted butter or margarine over top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I would serve over rice.

Ya know I once was given a recipe for broccoli casserole that had mayo in it and I would have never ever made it because it sounded like such an odd combo except she made it for a pot luck and it was soooo addicting! I couldnt get enough!
Mayo has a way of putting a naughty but oh so yummy twist on a dish!:-p

I raised my eyebrows when I read Mayo. That does sound good though.
I think I'll give it a try and followup. Thanks.

I think Im going to make it tonight except using cream of mushroom soup and buttery cracker crumbs on top....

Old family favorite

I make a similar recipe that calls for lemon juice instead of the curry and and has cheese, also. It is one of my favorite recipes. I named it after my dad because it was one of his favorite meals.

Something Jerry Loves

2 packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
Cheddar cheese, shredded
½ - 1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoon butter, melted
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix together butter and bread crumbs. Butter or spray with cooking spray 13”x9” baking dish. Layer the ingredients in the following order: broccoli, chicken, soup mixture, cheese, and bread crumbs. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes at 350º F.

Last edited:
I mae the same thing too, but we call it chicken divan. Its even better the next day too!

Sounds good:chef: Have you ever used it with any other kind or cheese other than cheddar in it? And do you actually taste the lemon at all??

Thanks for sharing!

Ok heres my follow up.....First off you definately need to serve it with PLAIN rice to cut the richness of it. I used mushroom soup, mayo, curry and ritz cracker crumb topping. Because I used buttery crackers I omitted the butter on top..glad I did or else it would have been too much. Over all I liked it even though it does get a bit rich after you've had seconds! :LOL::blush: I would prob umake it again sometime, although my DD didn't like it.

Deelady, hadn't you made this before?
I guess when I saw you post the recipe I thought you had...

No I put it one of the other posts that I put at the same time that they were recipes from my elementary school fundraiser cookbook.

OK. Thanks for the additional info then. I had printed it out thinking it was a TNT. I'll tweak it as I see needed then.

Sounds good:chef: Have you ever used it with any other kind or cheese other than cheddar in it? And do you actually taste the lemon at all??

Thanks for sharing!

I have never used any other cheese than cheddar, but it would be good with other types of cheese. The lemon is subtle. I have always thought about adding more, but just have never done so.

Here's a question: I rarely buy frozen broccoli as the fresh is so inexpensive year-round. In fact, I nearly always have a bunch or two in the fridge. Since a box of frozen is approx., what, 10 oz. by weight, how much fresh would you estimate I need for the OP's recipe if I didn't want to weigh it - about 2 cups or so chopped?

Here's a question: I rarely buy frozen broccoli as the fresh is so inexpensive year-round. In fact, I nearly always have a bunch or two in the fridge. Since a box of frozen is approx., what, 10 oz. by weight, how much fresh would you estimate I need for the OP's recipe if I didn't want to weigh it - about 2 cups or so chopped?

I would say about 1 1/2 cups to 2 cupped chopped would be about right.

Again I highly reccomend you make some sort of plain rice to serve with it ( I made a steamed basmati rice) it really balances out the richness!

Here are some pics.....

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 282
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 278
I would use potato instead of broccoli. I like broccoli, but i like potato backed with chicken more. It's crusty and tasty. I'd give some garlic also. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom