Our wine making experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
So we thought it would be fun to make our own wine since that's my drink of choice. We bought two kits, a Gewurztraminer and a Pinot Noir. They've been "processing" for 5 weeks so far with one week left in the carboyes. Yesterday we racked them into clean carboyes to help with the clearing process ... Here's DH manning the siphon, the newly racked wine and our new wine rack, full of bottles ready to be filled in 8 days!

Attachments

• Wine 002.jpg
    Wine 002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Wine 003.jpg
    Wine 003.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Wine 004.jpg
    Wine 004.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 201
How cool! Let us know how it tastes. My b-i-l makes beer, and it is very good.

When we racked it, we pulled a glass of each to try and it was wonderful! I can hardly wait until it is completely done! We are going to try rhubarb and blueberry later this summer ...

Excellent - definitely keep us updated. This is one of the things I hope to do once I get a little more living space (read: a "man's basement"). That, and living in Berlin, beer of course :)

Speaking of rhubarb and blueberry wine, a few weeks back a little town just outside of Berlin called Werder had a fruit wine festival. They do it every year at the beginning of May and it is always fun, but leads to the worst hangover. Be careful with that stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom