New Cooking Channel Show: Kelsey's Essentials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
There is a new show coming to Cooking Channel with Kelsey Nixon. She was on the Next Food Network Star the season that has Arron who is on
"Big Daddy's House" and Adam who was on "Will Work for Food." These were the three that I thought should have been the top finalists that season but Kelsey didn't make it that far.

It sounds like this is going to be a cooking basics show.

Kelsey’s Essentials
Kelsey Nixon inspires the next generation of food lovers with her essential kitchen techniques. Kelsey gives her tips on must-have pantry items, useful gadgets and basic cooking techniques. From roasting to baking, Kelsey delivers the basics, and encourages new home cooks to make them their own.

I'm being cautiously optomistic. It premiers in November.

Kelsey was really good on the episode where they had to cook on Rachel Ray's show with a young girl, making healthy kid friendly food. I can see her doing well on a show outlining the basics to new cooks - older of course but still, I think it is a good fit for her.

What happened to the other finalist, Lisa I think. There was Aaron who one, and then Adam and Lisa, and Kelsey was fourth.

It sounds like a good one. I'll be on the look out for it. No matter how long you've been cooking, it's always good to review the basics. It's surprising what you pick up. That's why I like Good Eats. It's very informative and he's just downright funny.

I'm didn't know what happened to her so ran some searches..it looks like she owns a resturant and a catering company in Dallas.

Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like an ideal show for me. I just looked it up and it's on tomorrow, (the 7th). I already set the dvr to record the series. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom