This chicken salad dish was created by Rosemary Hume, from the Le Cordon Bleu Cookery School in London, for the occasion of Queen Elizabeth's coronation.
CLASSIC CORONATION CHICKEN
1.5 kilos ( 1 whole chicken )
1 carrot diced
1 onion sliced finely
1 Bouquet Garni
6 black peppercorns
2 shallots finely minced
1 tsp. curry powder
2 tsps. tomato paste
60 ml. Red Wine
1 pinch of sugar
1 lemon / lemon juice drops
1 tablesp. mango chutney
220g home made mayonnaise
4 tblsps. cream
spring onion and snipped chives to garnish
1. Place the chicken, carrot, onion, bouquet garni, 6 blk. peppercorns and a pinch of salt in a casserole. Add water to the casserole or Dutch Oven, and simmer for 40 minutes.
2. Let the chicken come to room temperature, and slice the chicken meat in chunk cubes and reserve.
3. heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and add the shallot and sauté 3 to 4 mins. until tender. Incorporate the curry powder and continue stirring for 1 or 2 mins. more.
4. Now add the tomato paste, red wine and 2 tblsps of water and simmer
5. add the sugar, salt and pepper, and one lemon slice and lemon juice drops. Simmer for 10 mins. or until it is reduced by half.
6. Now, add the chutney and stir and take the sauce off the stove, and let cool
7. gradually add the home made mayonnaise or ali oli home made and rectify the salt and pepper, and the lemon
8. place the chicken on plate as in foto
9.THE RICE: mix 185 grams of rice boiled with the carrot diced in cubes, and sweet red bell pepper, fresh peas in pod and finely sliced red ripe tomato or cherry tomatoes peeled and de-seeded. Prepare the Evoo and Vinegar and add to the salad and toss the chicken, with the rice ...
*** foto to be added Monday.
Have lovely wkend,