"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 02-27-2005, 06:43 AM   #11
Head Chef

Nicole,
I think we may not have had the liquid ingredients hot enough for the stew to thicken, as others have said here. Next time I make it, it'll be HOT. I also added more peas, carrots . The flavor is delicious,and I will try it again. I made it one time, and it was great. Just tried to hurry, I think.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:39 AM   #12
Head Chef

Nicole,
I think that we both didn't have the liquid hot enough to thicken the gravy. The flavor was there, but not the consistency. I've made it before and it was perfect. I'll try it again sometime.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to nicole
Lynda, I served it anyway and was very good although when I pulled it out for lunch the next day the consistancy was perfect. Oh well, try it again at a later time
Old 03-08-2005, 02:57 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

my quick fix for thinkening is get a saute pan, put in like 6 oz of cream, blast high heat until it boils, then add flour, constantly mixing, and suddenly it will all combine into like soft jello, be sure the flour taste is cooked out, the use like a table spoon of that stuff, if its still too thin, keep adding it, its like gold when you have something that has to be done in 2 min, and you dont have time to reduce and whatnot...........
Old 03-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Scoop out a good amount of liquid put in a sauce pan thicken with some corn starch or roux or even intant mashed potatoes then fold back in you chicken let simmer a bit.Dont thicken too much cuz the next day it will be really thick.

Tags
None