Cast Iron Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
39817-albums933-picture5876.jpg

OK Andy,
1/4 cup beer
5 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
2 1/4 tsp yeast + 1 cup water
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups of flour
let rise till doubled
on a floured surface cut dough into 8 pcs
roll into balls and place into a lightly greased CI pan. I used a chicken fryer.
brush wth melted butter.
let rise for 20 minutes and place in a preheated 375 degree oven nd bake till golden brown, about 20 minutes. remove from oven and brush with melted butted and a sprinkle of salt.

OK Andy,
1/4 cup beer
5 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
let rise till doubled
roll into balls and place into a lightly greased CI pan. I used a chicken fryer.
brush wth melted butter.
let rise for 20 minutes and place in a preheated 375 degree oven nd bake till golden brown, about 20 minutes. remove from oven and brush with melted butted and a sprinkle of salt.

Thanks, man. Is that a 10" skillet?

They make something like that at a Jack Astor's, a local resto. They pour a lot of garlic butter on top. They are really good. I have copied and pasted the recipe. Thanks for sharing s&p.

OK Andy,
1/4 cup beer
5 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
let rise till doubled
brush wth melted butter.

I'd like to try these but I don't see any "fat" listed in the ingredients list. No oil, butter or shortening. Am I missing something?

in lieu of fat, the sugar should provide for some softness and moistness.

fixing to try these tomorrow -

uhhh, errr..... anybody try it / have an idea of what kind of dough consistency is needed?

as written the flour is a 40% variable. that's a tad much.....

Since I live in high altitude I really don't measure my flour (unbleached white) I start out with the minimum amount of flour and add a little at a time until it stops sticking to the mixer bowl (stand mixer) until it comes toghther, then knead for 10 minutes. A soft pliable dough is what your looking for.

Back
Top Bottom