Pepper Pike Bee Tea Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
I made up this recipe after my neighbor who keeps bees gave me some of his unpasteurized honey.

Pepper Pike Bee Tea Bread
Makes 3 small mini-loaves; dairy

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sweet butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup honey (use any mild honey)
1/3 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup soft dried apricots, finely chopped (if dry, soak first in orange juice and drain)
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (or use orange peel if you had to soak your apricots in orange juice)

Butter and flour the 3 mini-loaf pans and set aside. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Beat together the butter, sugar, honey, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well-blended. Add the flour, baking powder, apricots, almonds and peel and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Like all quick breads, don't overmix. Divide the batter among the 3 pans, place them on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool while you prepare the Sour Cream Glaze. When the loaves are cool, brush them with the following Sour Cream Glaze.

Sour Cream Glaze
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sifted confectioners'(10x) sugar

Directions:
Stir all the ingredients together until blended.

You don't know Rozann Moss from Pepper Pike, do you? I went to college with a bunch of girls from there. Back in the day ....

That sounds delicious! My hubby used to keep bees, until the bears knocked down and destroyed the hives .

When I saw the name of the thread I had to check it out. I'm not much of a baker but the name caught my eye. I grew up in Chesterland and traveled to Pepper Pike quite frequently! We'll be visiting the area this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom