kitchenelf: sushi question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might not be a kitchenelf but I've used sushi chef brand products before. The price Im not so sure of... but you could do worse I guess. It's worth paying that much to have a "kit" as oposed to wrestling with each element (and forgetting a few by accident).

Their mats, rice, paddle and wasabi are pretty much the same that you would get anywhere else. Their nori is nothing special really but that's an ingredient you will have an easy time picking up other brands of latter on when you need more. Their vinegar is pretty good and I really like their mirin (although more for making teriyaki but that's a different thread).

Hey Texas! Did you order the Kit? I got all the sushi basic supplies yesterday (Nori, wasabi, organic sushi rice, soy sauce, rolling mat) and it came to about $12 I already had the rice vinegar on hand but I'm sure it's not much.

email me if you're interested in me sending you a package. Although the starter kit looks great with the sushi making booklet.

Have a great day!

I've also bought some of that stuff. Really, if you ask me, the rice is the rice is the rice (providing it all sushi rice we are talking about) Same goes with nori, and that whole t-spoon of vinegar is really not going to make that much difference in the taste of couple of coups of rice. So only thing you should watch out for is the price. But what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom