"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Shrimp Recipies

These are all great sounding recipies and very much appreciate your replies. I can't wait to try each one. Thanks Coalcookin

coalcookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 AM   #12
Senior Cook
My favorite is a knock off of Red Lobster Cajun Shrimp. This is my recipe. It is good. Everybody I fix it for likes it and it is a quick fix.

16oz linguine

While pasta is cooking in salted water,
melt in a large skillet, a stick of butter,
add 2 tbsp Bayou Blast spices, stir until well blended.
Add two cups half and half or cream.
Bring to a boil
add grated parm cheese. The sauce will seem very thin.
One or two minutes before pasta is finished, add shrimp to pasta water.
Drain and pour into skillet.
Pour all into large pasta platter.

bevkile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #13
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
My dad just gave me this recipe for shrimp scampi that sounds incredible! I'll post on here soon.
<3 Cherry
CherryRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
Senior Cook
How about Shrimp and Spinach Lasagna?
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #15
Senior Cook
Shrimp tacos, saute shrimp with bacon, soft corn tortillas, chopped onions & cilantro, shredded cabbage with a salsa verde (spicy green salsa made with tomatillos, avocado, cilantro, serrano chili, onions, water).

Shrimp fajitas, saute shrimp w/or w/o bacon, flour tortillas, saute poblano peppers & onions, salsa verde.

Spring rolls, boil or saute shrimp, let cool to room temperature, soften rice paper, add cilantro, lettuce, julienned carrots & cucumber roll up & serve with spicy peanut sauce & Thai chili sauce.
Clienta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #16
Master Chef
Goodness - you can do nearly anything & everything with frozen shrimp. I always have a bag of cooked, shelled shrimp in the freezer for impromptu stirfries, fried rice dishes, tossing into soups, etc., etc.

The sky is virtually the limit as to what you can use them for.
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #17
Head Chef
Ruth's Chris "Barbecued" Shrimp

While I would call this "Buffalo Shrimp", not bbq'd, this is fast and delicious.

From razzledazzlerecipes.com (I couldn't copy and paste the link?)

Since I'm on a diet, I only used 1 T of melted Smart Balance spread, and that was fine.

Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecued Shrimp

5 to 6 large uncooked shrimp
1/4 C. butter, melted
1 T. Louisiana hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot or Crystal brands are recommended)
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. coarsely ground or cracked black pepper
1/2 t. finely chopped fresh parsley
pinch of dried rosemary
lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 400F. Shell and devein shrimp.

In a small baking dish, combine melted butter with hot sauce, garlic, salt, cracked pepper, parsley and rosemary. Stir.

Arrange shrimp side by side in the baking dish and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Immediately broil the shrimp for 2 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done but not chewy. Squeeze some lemon juice over the shrimp. Serve sizzling hot in the baking dish.

Serves 2 as appetizer.
QSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #18
Senior Cook
That looks very good! I bet it would go well tossed with a pasta too. Thank you for posting it, Lee!
turtledove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #19
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to college_cook
I had a really cool idea for an off-the-wall shrimp cocktail, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out. Cook off your shrimp in some crab boil and halved lemons and a few whole peppercorns.

For the cocktail sauce here's what I was thinking: when you puree tomatos and strain their liquid through a coffee filter, you're supposed to get crystal clear liquid that has a powerful tomato flavor. I thought it would be fun to puree your tomatos with horseradish, a little rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, and just let all of the flavors infuse for awhile in the blender. Then strain it out to get your clear liquid, which hopefully (this is the part I don't know about) will have picked up all of the other flavors you've added in. Then freeze it, but not into solid ice; more like the consistency of a loose snowcone, but not slushy either. Serve your crystal clear cocktail "sauce" in a martini glass with the shrimp hanging on the rim, and garnish with some lemon, and maybe some fresh chive tips.

It's a little involved, and meant more for plated presenattion I think, but it would be fun to try.

college_cook is offline   Reply With Quote