Sous Vide Chilean Sea Bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Sea Bass Fillet or other white flaky fish.

Salt Fish to taste

For Sauce
2 Tablespoons Rice Wine
White part of 2 Scallions
1 Clove Garlic sliced
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Water
(reduce 50%)

Bok Choi
Salt to taste
1/2 Tablespoon Rice Wine
1/2 Tablespoon Water

2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Slices of Ginger

Cook the fish sous vide 1 hour at 135 F. Alternatively steam the fish until flaky.

Make the sauce

Cook the bok choy.

Heat oil with Ginger until extremely hot.

Put bok choi on plate

Place the Fish on top of the bok choi

Add the sauce around the plate

Garnish with Scallions

Drizzle hot oil over Scallions and Fish

Sous Vide Chilean Sea Bass by powerplantop, on Flickr

I can just tell from the photo that the texture of that fish is PERFECT! I wish I could reach through my screen and *nom* it.

Beautiful.

I can just tell from the photo that the texture of that fish is PERFECT! I wish I could reach through my screen and *nom* it.

Beautiful.

Thank you.

When removing fish from the bag you have to handle it very carefully or it will fall apart.

That's a little higher temp that conventional wisdom would suggest but it looks really good! I love Toothfish too but I won't buy it anymore; even when purchased through reputable fishmongers about 1/2 of the fish sold is illegally caught. I suggest Halibut. Similar in texture and flavor and more sustainable.

Looks like you're putting your SVS to good use! I love mine.

"Sous Videis" a new cooking method to me. I Googled it to find out what it was.

I have always used a parchment paper pack to steam fish. I know that also has a French name.
It works well and is a great easy way to cook fish and few nice baby veggies together.

Beautiful picture BTW. Are you guys professional photographers too! I am asking as the pictures on this forum look professional.

I have always used a parchment paper pack to steam fish. I know that also has a French name.
It works well and is a great easy way to cook fish and few nice baby veggies together.

Beautiful picture BTW. Are you guys professional photographers too! I am asking as the pictures on this forum look professional.

en Papillote.

I'm not sure we have professionals, but we have a few talented enthusiasts :)

If you like fish cooked in parchment you will like this method. There are cheap ways to do it.

The one problem with sous vide is proteins and veggies cook at different temps. So you cook the veggies then lower the temp (which stops the veggies from cooking) then cook the proteins.

I am what I would call a serious amateur. I have had a few pics published but most are not of that quality or subject matter.

That looks absolutely gorgeous.

I've always been wary about using my sous vide (apart from salmon) for fish but after seeing your pics powerplantop it is definitely on the menu now.

With this method you can cook fish perfectly every time. Timing for dinner is less of an issue. Cook the fish ahead of time. When you are ready to eat take it out of the package, dry, sear and serve.

With this method you can cook fish perfectly every time. Timing for dinner is less of an issue. Cook the fish ahead of time. When you are ready to eat take it out of the package, dry, sear and serve.

So you sear it after? The picture does not look like it ever saw a hot pan?

Back
Top Bottom