Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look what Himself made for me!!! I've been using a folding two-step stool when I need things from the top cupboard shelf or the top of a cabinet. He's been puttering in his corner of the basement, the area we loosely call "The Workshop". Yeah, yeah, he's going to be the next Norm Abram. :rolleyes: Well after the coffee measuring spoon he made (his first thing after the shock of being laid off wore off), a small box that corrals his medicine bottles in his linen closet, and few other utilitarian things he uses down the basement, he made this - complete with hand-carved wheat sheaves:

Attachments

• 20180627_154844.jpg
    20180627_154844.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180627_154912.jpg
    20180627_154912.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 71
+1.... I miss my woodworking equipment..

When I retired I took up replicating local Victorians.. It was a fun hobby..

Ross

Attachments

• Twins4.jpg
    Twins4.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 73
+1.... I miss my woodworking equipment..

When I retired I took up replicating local Victorians.. It was a fun hobby..

Ross

Beautiful work, Ross! :ohmy::) I wonder if Rodentraiser is still here - she would really appreciate this as she does miniature homes as well.

My son-in-law is into woodworking too - he designs and carves police and fire station logos and badges into wood wall hangings.

Cheryl, rr said she wouldn't have much for internet service as she transitions to new living arrangements. Lots of details - they're in one of her very last posts.

Ross, those miniature houses are adorable! You must be able to manipulate very tiny pieces to get it right. My Dad used a kit to make a Victorian doll house for our daughter. :heart: She still has it even though it's seen better days.

Beautiful work, Ross! :ohmy::) I wonder if Rodentraiser is still here - she would really appreciate this as she does miniature homes as well.

My son-in-law is into woodworking too - he designs and carves police and fire station logos and badges into wood wall hangings.

Ross, those miniature houses are adorable! You must be able to manipulate very tiny pieces to get it right. My Dad used a kit to make a Victorian doll house for our daughter. :heart: She still has it even though it's seen better days.

Thank you Cheryl and CG... :)

The hobby kept me busy when I first retired and relaxed me when recuperating from heart surgery.

The most fun part was replicating someones childhood home.. That was rewarding.. :)

Ross

Not only smiling but doing a Happy Dance all over the place

While tying up the clematis so it wouldn't come crashing down in a storm like it did last year... :( it lived, of course, but just didn't have the same splendor...

so I look up at the wisteria that has been getting bigger every year. Gulp, I never realized how thick those vines get! Got a little worried after I saw a British gardening show on how to trim them. Mine is only about 5 or 7 years old and I was getting a little anxious, they should bloom at about 5 years of age. I started thinking if it doesn't bloom this year or possibly next year - I should take it down before it takes down the barn!!

IT HAS BLOOMED - IT HAS BLOOMED - IT HAS BLOOMED!!!!

Not like you would see in England, Africa or the south - just a couple but I'm delirious.

oops forgot the pics!

guess my happy dance got in the way of my posting LOL

Arghhh obviously I can't turn them either!

Attachments

• 20180629_172419.jpg
    20180629_172419.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180629_172502.jpg
    20180629_172502.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20180629_172539.jpg
    20180629_172539.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 57
I can't get mine to grow so I can start worrying about them blooming. But, I have a tomato! Yup, just one so far. Looks like maybe another soon.

Thanks, Andy and CG.

Yeah, he's growing like a weed. I have to keep reminding myself that while he looks like a man, he's still only a boy of 14.

BT, you should be proud. He's growing into a good young man.

Farmer Jon, congratulations to your son and his fellow scouts. Learning to help others is an important part of growing up.

PF, so glad to hear your sister is doing well.

They will find as they get older, that they enjoy that 'feel good' feeling as they get older. And as they get older and up in years, when someone comes up to them and tells then that he inspired them into being nice and kind to others without any reward in sight. Then he will know what a difference he has made in someone's life.

Thanks, Andy and CG.

Yeah, he's growing like a weed. I have to keep reminding myself that while he looks like a man, he's still only a boy of 14.

Wow...your boy totally looked like a grown man out there! :ohmy::) Congrats to him for a great shot. I hear ya about them growing like a weed!

I'm so happy about the Thailand soccer team getting out of the cave! I cannot imagine what it must have been like to be trapped underground, hoping you get out to see your family and friends. I feel a wee bit of panic when I have to wiggle my shoulders into the kitchen base cabinet that is in the corner.:ermm:

I'm so happy about the Thailand soccer team getting out of the cave! I cannot imagine what it must have been like to be trapped underground, hoping you get out to see your family and friends. I feel a wee bit of panic when I have to wiggle my shoulders into the kitchen base cabinet that is in the corner.:ermm:

I've seen where they were stuck and the 2.5 mile trip through the smallest of tunnels to get out. What I never heard is how the heck did they get in there in the first place???!!!

I've seen where they were stuck and the 2.5 mile trip through the smallest of tunnels to get out. What I never heard is how the heck did they get in there in the first place???!!!
It's my understanding that they were participating in a local rite of passage. They had to go deeper into the cave when it started raining and the cave flooded.

Back
Top Bottom