Bread Machine Ingredients?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
I have a question about a bread machine recipe?

I like the white bread and the french bread recipes from the book.

But I like to know if I can add a little cheese to these recipes?
Or if I can add dried shallots, garlic powder, or what ever suits my fancy?

I know the book states to follow the recipe to a tee, but I would like to add a little flavor to my breads!

In that case, Does anyone know if this will be OK? Or has anyone every tried the plain bread machine recipes with a little flavor added, I.E garlic powder ancho chiles so on?

I don't see why not, especially adding herbs or garlic. Not sure about the cheese. But you could always try, using a bit of grated cheese.

Wyogal.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using blue cheese chunks, shredded mozzy cheese, or something like that. I know the recipe book included a cheese bread recipe but I have buy some shredded cheese!

Bleu cheese might be kinda strong, but interesting. Mozzarella is on the other end, kind of bland. Parmesan, Asiago, Swiss, might be good. Asiago and garlic sounds yummy. Rosemary is good with garlic, too.

I add lots of stuff to my recipes. The thing to be careful of in the bread machine is making the dough too dry. keep an eye on it while it is kneading and if it seems too dry, add a Tbls of water or milk.

I have made bread in a machine for years, these days have larger machine, use dough cycle, remove and bake 2 loaves in oven. Have always experimented w/added ingred. Only limit is one's imagination. Keep an eye on it as its kneading, add liquid a tblspn or so at a time if needed, can also add flour the same way if too wet. You'll learn with time and trials how dough should look,feel. Love garlic,cheese,dried fruit,nuts,anything.Library has books with recipes,try some.So does internet.Have fun!

I have made bread in a machine for years, these days have larger machine, use dough cycle, remove and bake 2 loaves in oven. Have always experimented w/added ingred. Only limit is one's imagination. Keep an eye on it as its kneading, add liquid a tblspn or so at a time if needed, can also add flour the same way if too wet. You'll learn with time and trials how dough should look,feel. Love garlic,cheese,dried fruit,nuts,anything.Library has books with recipes,try some.So does internet.Have fun!
Thanks for the help Granniero, I will experiment but I will do it a little at a time.

I love to use my bread machine specially when the weather is cooler. My favorite way to prepare bread is, using the white bread recipe, to substitute one cup of bread or all purpose flour, for whole wheat flour, add one tablespoon of crushed dried rosemary leaves, and also substitute the fat in the recipe for olive oil. It is really good.

Back
Top Bottom