Discuss Cooking thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
The name of this site is Discuss Cooking. And we have had some great discussions here. To that end, I open this thread. We've discussed ballance of colors, textures, flavors, and nutrition. What's going to be our next great discussion? I'm open for suggestions. I'm thinking that we should discuss something general, that will enhance our cooking abilities. Whether it's using the hardware correctly, or using the right tool for the job, or whether it's knowing what makes cakes tender, moist and fluffy. And yes I realize that our current topics threads already does this, sort of. But the topics are more geared toward specific questions. I'm hungry for what would be in a text book, a chapter, kind of subject.

The subject can be anything, but must be something we can sink our teeth into, both figuratively and literally.:)

So whatcha think. Let's have some ideas.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

conventional ovens, convection ovens, AGA's? how differently or the same they cook or produce foods. if the heat is too high, foods cooked too long, or if they should or could be used in other ways(baking canning jars for instance).

hope this is what you were lookign for.... : )

BrianChef; That's exactly what I'm looking for, a topic that many of us may not know well. Let's open this topic in the techniques section under something like, um, how do different ovens affect cooking techniques like roasting, baking, etc.? This is your topic, so I'll ask you to post the opening salvo.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom