Do you serve canned cranberries cold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who serves canned cranberries? I'm the guy that made the green bean caserrole from scratch, remember?

I buy fresh cranberries and make my own cranberry/orange relish from a recipe I've had for years.

If I have guests that prefer canned jellied cranberry sauce, that's what I serve. I also serve my own cranberry sauce.

I made it from scratch a couple of times, but discovered almost everyone preferred the jellied stuff in the can. Sometimes cold, sometimes room temp (depends on if I remember to refridgerate it!).

...........chilled, cold, room temp, warm, hot, yes, no - - - - technically all would have been potential answers - nothing else :LOL:

glistening cranberry flavored gelatin
Since when is that a bad thing? That sounds quite tasty to me.

I LOVE the canned stuff. I LOVE the homemade stuff. they are completely different animals as far as I am concerned and during Thanksgiving I always have a scoop of both on my plate. So do most of the people at the table with me.

They are always served cold, but by the time we get around to actually eating sometimes they have come up to room temp. We never have them served hot or warm.

i enjoy the juxtaposition of the cold cranberry with the hot turkey or potatoes or even gravy. It feels great in my mouth.

Since when is that a bad thing? That sounds quite tasty to me.

I LOVE the canned stuff. I LOVE the homemade stuff. they are completely different animals as far as I am concerned and during Thanksgiving I always have a scoop of both on my plate. So do most of the people at the table with me.

They are always served cold, but by the time we get around to actually eating sometimes they have come up to room temp. We never have them served hot or warm.

i enjoy the juxtaposition of the cold cranberry with the hot turkey or potatoes or even gravy. It feels great in my mouth.

+1 GB. I agree. A lot of the attachment to Ocean Spray (or other brand) jellied cranberry sauce is the fact that, for many of us, that's all we knew growing up. It's part of our childhood Thanksgiving experience. As a result, we always crave it. That does not make it bad or good, just enjoyable.

True about the canned. Just grew up with it. I do make my own but the kids prefer the wiggly canned version. I like it chilled but sometimes I forget to do that so it's room temp. Really doesn't matter to us.

I like the jellied cranberry served at room temperature. It’s an important side that is almost like a condiment. It tastes great and adds as much to the meal as hot rolls slathered with Country Crock spread. Yum!

I answered the question quite nicely, thank you. I DO NOT serve canned cranberries, cold, warm or anywhere in between. Can stiffening ridge impressions around a lump of quivering, glistening cranberry flavored gelatin are the ultimate turn-off! (Now, THAT is an example of insulting and self-serving!)

Hey!!! I like those "can ridges" as you call them. Gives me a guide for slicing. LOL. :LOL: Gotta agree though, the original poster wanted to know if we served it hot, cold or at room temp. That's it. BTW, anything that quivers and glistens turns me ON. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom