"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Easter menu

I Am going to try to bake an unleavened bread this weekend for our Easter dinner. I have never done this. Does anyone have a good recipe to share oh and flour less cake recipes :)

Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Sous Chef

I am making a flour less chocolate cake right now! Second time I'm making it. It's from William and Sonoma baking book. It's ridicules.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

We are having Ham with an orange,honey Dijon glaze thanks Ina, angel biscuits.deviled eggs with truffle oil, baby spinach with avocados, sweet onion and strawberries,and parm pared into strips, smoked salmon dip on toasted Italian baguette, potatoes scalloped with 3 cheeses, green beans with pancetta, roasted asparagus with prociutto rice with onion and mushrooms for the kids and me that and Katies wonderful devils food cake easy as pie but it's heaven.
kades
Old 04-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Going to a friend's house for brunch. I'm taking Mountain Man breakfast along. It is a camping dish I make in the Dutch oven with potatoes, bacon, peppers, onions, eggs and cheese. She is making lots of other goodies too. I may also try making some cake balls. I haven't made those before, but they look easy and yummy!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Master Chef

We're going to my dad's and he's having the dinner catered! Turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and cheese, broccoli and pecan pie.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
We are having Ham with an orange,honey Dijon glaze thanks Ina, angel biscuits.deviled eggs with truffle oil, baby spinach with avocados, sweet onion and strawberries,and parm pared into strips, smoked salmon dip on toasted Italian baguette, potatoes scalloped with 3 cheeses, green beans with pancetta, roasted asparagus with prociutto rice with onion and mushrooms for the kids and me that and Katies wonderful devils food cake easy as pie but it's heaven.
kades
Your house is sounding tummy :)
Old 04-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur
We're going to my dad's and he's having the dinner catered! Turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and cheese, broccoli and pecan pie.
Don't get better than no work :)
Old 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
kades
I am baking a orange glazed ham, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, unleavened bread, and blackberry chocolate flour less cake
Old 04-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We're having honey-glazed ham. It's coated with honey and baked all night on a very low temp. Then, I think I'll make some macaroni and cheese, green beans, something with yellow squash and maybe something else. I just finished making our blood orange cheesecake that we'll have for dessert. The cake base tasted fabulous when I sampled it. I'm looking forward to our meal.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We are planning a 10K bike ride tomorrow, our Easter Dinner will be the soup and salad bar at The Good Food Store, at the halfway point. Spending the day along the river sounds like a good day.