"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

I just posted this one. LP's Mom's Easy Fudge

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

This isn't TNT because I just got the link in my email, but it looked interesting so I thought I would pass it on. Usually Taste of Home recipes are pretty good - any I have tried anyway. Layered Mint Fudge Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Old 12-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I made the "good ole" marshmallow cream fudge this year, it does use real butter and I changed it up a bit ( as I am often want to do) I used some dark chocolate pieces (70%cacao, i think) instead of semi sweet and I added to heaping tablespoons of extra dark cocoa powder then for the piece de resistance dried cranberries a couple of big handfuls along with the chopped walnuts. It is delicious! I think I will have some right now!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Dang. I'll have to dig up the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk fudge recipe, possibly the best I've ever had.
Store your can of sweetened condensed milk upside down. Then when you go to open it, the sugar will be at the top. You won't be scraping it out of the bottom.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #15
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Store your can of sweetened condensed milk upside down. Then when you go to open it, the sugar will be at the top. You won't be scraping it out of the bottom.
Addie, is everything in your house upside down?

Sorry, couldn't resist (the tahini reference)

Old 12-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #16
Senior Cook

There's also the standard Fantasy Fudge recipe, which is basically the same only it uses evaporated milk and sugar instead of sweetened condensed milk.

Or this variation that uses Nutella and chocolate.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
My DW introduced me to this - California Living cubit: California Cuisine forum: See's fudge recipe
shortly after we were married. It's as good today as it was then. It's so very easy to make, and tastes phenomenal. There is a small difference between the recipe I was taught, and the one in the link; our recipe calls for one bag of Kraft Stay Puff Marshmallows, while the original calls for Marshmallow cream. Both recipes give you a very good fudge.

Using white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chip will give you other fudge flavors. I would suspect that you could use a recipe for making marshmallow cream, but use maple syrup instead of corn syrup or sugar to make a very good maple fudge.

Kades, you have my word that this is easy to make, and delicious. See's candies are really good candies, (I adore their fruit filled chocolates, especially the blueberry) and there fudge recipe is excellent.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I'm glad you posted this. It is the same recipe my mom always used (sometimes she added some orange zest, which was also very good). I don't have her recipe, so I'm glad that now I do!

Speaking of See's, that is the only candy store I ever (and just once -- last year) spent $120 in one trip! We don't have any See's stores here, but I think some of the malls in Charlotte may have See's kiosks at Christmas.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
My DW introduced me to this - California Living cubit: California Cuisine forum: See's fudge recipe
shortly after we were married.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I'm a little confused - just how much chocolate chips does that recipe actually use? I've seen chocolate chips packaged in 6 oz, 8 oz, 12 oz, and 16 oz sizes lately (as well as a few larger than that)

So "four small or two large PACKAGES" doesn't mean much to me ...
Old 12-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Addie, is everything in your house upside down?

Sorry, couldn't resist (the tahini reference)
Not quite. But any can good that is thick or has oil in it, I store it upside down. Saves trying to stir it in the container and get it mixed properly. Natural peanut butter is another one.

I tell ya, trying to keep those lamps to stay straight while resting on their shades is often very difficult. And with my bed upside down is like sleepiing on the bottom bunk. Have ya ever tried to put something on a table when the legs are in the air?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I'm glad you posted this. It is the same recipe my mom always used (sometimes she added some orange zest, which was also very good). I don't have her recipe, so I'm glad that now I do!

Speaking of See's, that is the only candy store I ever (and just once -- last year) spent $120 in one trip! We don't have any See's stores here, but I think some of the malls in Charlotte may have See's kiosks at Christmas.
We used to have a candy factory over in Charlestown called Schrafft's. They had a store where you could buy all their products half price. One Easter I went over and spent a small fortune for Poo's Easter basket. By 11 o'clock that night he had a sever case of Easteritis as we spent about an hour in the ER. The doctor said that they were seeing a lot of cases. It seemed to be highly contagious. I couldn't yell at my son. It was my own fault.