Grill like a restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this forum I am learning so much already.

I tried cooking with this method today. Bought some nice scotch fillet, seared it in a very hot frying pan for 1 minute each side and whacked it in a 500 degree oven. I left it in the oven till it was medium which was my error, by the time it hit the table it was well done cooking in its own heat.

But, even though it was a bit over cooked I have to say this definately tasted better than my usual steak cooking. There were bites of it that really reminded me of my local steak restaurant and if I had cooked it medium correctly, it would have been awesome.

Can't wait to try it again.

Yep, you just have to take it out at the rare-ish stage. Me, I take mine out when I can faintly hear the last moo :LOL:

Just an update on this.

I have cooked a few more steaks like this and am very happy with the results.

Just a question though. If your not making a sauce to go with this, does anyone put some olive oil on their steaks when removed from the oven? I see this done often on the telly. Celeb chefs seem to add olive oil to everything.

Just an update on this.

I have cooked a few more steaks like this and am very happy with the results.

Just a question though. If your not making a sauce to go with this, does anyone put some olive oil on their steaks when removed from the oven? I see this done often on the telly. Celeb chefs seem to add olive oil to everything.

I do that, but not when I remove it from the oven. After the steaks rest, I drizzle it on after they are sliced to get the flavor. Unless you're serving it right away, drizzling the oil anytime before that is pointless.

Recipes : T-Bone Fiorentina with Sauteed Spinach and da Vero Oil : Food Network

If you want to grill like a restaurant you can buy a $1000.00 gas fired broiler with steel grates and cooks at 600+ degrees, but if you are on a tighter budget then try what was posted previously. Just thought I would toss that in.

An alternative to Olive Oil is butter. Not quite your average stick of butter though. Some prepared with garlic, parsley and possibly other things... Let that melt over your steak during the last couple minutes of rest...

I'm of the opinion that everything is better with butter.

Gotta say BBQ burgers are lovely, just as much as the ones I got at restaurants. They cook on that type of grill, and use a lot of seasoning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom