"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #291
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
got these in for the trick or treaters tomorrow night then thought "soddit,too good for the likes of them,i'll pretend i'm out!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEBANESE FLATBREAD 001.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	19292  
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #292
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
always have a pack in the fridge,which doesn't last long,let me tell you.also qualifies as a "lifes to short for chopping....etc" contender so posted it there too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JARLSBERG 001.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	19320  
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #293
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
always have a pack in the fridge,which doesn't last long,let me tell you.also qualifies as a "lifes to short for chopping....etc" contender so posted it there too!
We also always have some of that Jarlsberg in the fridge. It's so nice to have real cheese that is already sliced, when I feel lazy. We buy it at Costco.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #294
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
all sounds good to me kades.....see if there's a camera in the pantry while you're at it!!
I'd love to take the pics but would not be able to post them as I don't get along well with my computer. It refuses to Obey me!! If I can get hold of my daughter we might be able to get this into being.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #295
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
We also always have some of that Jarlsberg in the fridge. It's so nice to have real cheese that is already sliced, when I feel lazy. We buy it at Costco.
costco? never seen it there tax.damned good excuse to pay them a visit & have a good look tho'!
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #296
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I'd love to take the pics but would not be able to post them as I don't get along well with my computer. It refuses to Obey me!! If I can get hold of my daughter we might be able to get this into being.
kades
well crack on kades,we're waiting!
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #297
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
always have a pack in the fridge,which doesn't last long,let me tell you.also qualifies as a "lifes to short for chopping....etc" contender so posted it there too!
Favorite "Swiss" style cheese, I can say that I prefer it to just about any Swiss that I've tried. Even Jarlesberg Light is decent, even though I think "light" cheese is a sin!
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #298
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
jarlsberg is my favorite swiss cheese, too. i've been buying it as a 10oz. wedge, using a cheese slicer to make thin slices, when thin is what i want. the $4.69 price is too good to pass up for the pricy pre-sliced varieties. the payoff? my way, i get to eat twice as much jarlsberg as before....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #299
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Favorite "Swiss" style cheese, I can say that I prefer it to just about any Swiss that I've tried. Even Jarlesberg Light is decent, even though I think "light" cheese is a sin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
jarlsberg is my favorite swiss cheese, too. i've been buying it as a 10oz. wedge, using a cheese slicer to make thin slices, when thin is what i want. the $4.69 price is too good to pass up for the pricy pre-sliced varieties. the payoff? my way, i get to eat twice as much jarlsberg as before....
it is a "belter" of a cheese to be sure!so,now i know what you mean when you guy's talk about "swiss",any cheese with holes in,right?
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #300
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
it is a "belter" of a cheese to be sure!so,now i know what you mean when you guy's talk about "swiss",any cheese with holes in,right?
I'm just referring to it as a cheese made in a similar style to Swiss and Emmental. Pretty much any cheese like this with holes will be referred to as Swiss here.
__________________

__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.