Liverwurst!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Do You Feel About Liverwurst?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I love liverwurst/braunschweiger. In a sandwich with mayonnaise and sliced tomato, it is outstanding.

Tell me how you feel about one of my favorite sandwich ingredients.

Not a fan. Had it growing up (as well as liver), but it didn't stick with me like some other childhood dishes.

Rye bread, mustard, lettuce and tomato on mine, please. One of the sandwiches I packed for the trip down was actually gooseliver. That one, though, was on a Kaiser roll for easier eating. No 'mater, either.

I love liverwurst/braunschweiger. In a sandwich with mayonnaise and sliced tomato, it is outstanding.

Tell me how you feel about one of my favorite sandwich ingredients.
Never tried it your way. My favourite way is an open-faced sandwich on Schwartzbrot, smeared with unsalted butter, braunschweiger, thinly sliced red onion, with capers. Yum, yum, yum.

Never tried it your way. My favourite way is an open-faced sandwich on Schwartzbrot, smeared with unsalted butter, braunschweiger, thinly sliced red onion, with capers. Yum, yum, yum.

I'll have to try it with butter and onion, sounds good.

I like liverwurst but in small amounts. Don't know about an entire sandwich. I once made a dinner of liverwurst when first living on my own - big mistake - had the wurst nightmares ever! Took me a long time to ever eat it again. :LOL:

Liver pate on crackers with all sorts of goodies is great.

I love it but only have it once every few years because, like fine bourbon and milk chocolate, I don't know what "enough" feels like.

I love liverwurst - one of the things I love on my rye breads! My favorite way is with some good mustard (a favorite of mine is Moutarde de Meaux, with green peppercorns), and a thin slice of a mild onion (reds used to be the mild ones, but are incredibly potent these days!), on homemade rye bread. My love for liverwurst has made me try countless recipes of liver pate through the years!

Last edited:
Don't have it often - but when I do, it's great - really enjoy it!

Have it several ways, as others have described - with onions & mustard on rye in particular.

Love it. :yum:

I usually buy "Jones" brand in the cheese and cold cuts section of the market. It comes in (I think) 8 slices per package. I live alone and usually save out half the package for the fridge and then freeze the rest - I can't go through the whole package in a week. I had a liverwurst sandwich this afternoon from a small package that I vacuum sealed a couple of months ago, and it tasted as fresh as when I first bought it. :yum:

Rye bread with a bit of mustard is my fave.

One of the things that freaked out the other kids in grade school when I brought it for lunch.:ROFLMAO: Rye bread, mayo and a thick slice of onion.:yum:

Building my fav is slice of seeded rye, gulden's mustard, liverwurst, thin sliced swiss cheese, very thinly sliced onion, hellmann's mayo, slice of seeded rye, with a side of
potato salad....maybe once a year, as for that day and the next I usually suffer the worst (wurst) heartburn.

Back
Top Bottom