Looking for an ingredient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

estelle

Assistant Cook
Hi, just found this forum... wow, there's so much going on! Nice to meet you all :D

Perhaps someone can help me. I'm hoping to make this receipe for Angel Chicken Pasta:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
  • 4 ounces cream cheese with chives
  • 1 pound angel hair pasta
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the package of dressing mix. Blend in wine and golden mushroom soup. Mix in cream cheese, and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over.
  3. Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Twenty minutes before the chicken is done, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
- but I can't find any dry italian-style salad dressing mix, italian style.

I searched in the Supastore down the road, looked where the salad dressing & mayonaise were, asked lots of staff members.... and I can't find anything :(. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

[edit: fixed the link, again]

Last edited by a moderator:
estelle said:
Hi, just found this forum... wow, there's so much going on! Nice to meet you all :D

Perhaps someone can help me. I'm hoping to make this receipe - link appears to be to another discussion forum which is against our company policies which can be located here but I can't find any dry italian-style salad dressing mix, italian style.

I searched in the Supastore down the road, looked where the salad dressing & mayonaise were, asked lots of staff members.... and I can't find anything :(. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Estelle I cannot find the recipe in your link. Do you need to rehydrate the dressing at all? If so, then perhaps you can use bottled Italian dressing. But if you can repost the correct link to the recipe that would be extremely helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Estelle, Welcome to DC!

When I click on the link below, it opens up to another chat forum. Can you post the recipe? I don't cook pasta very much, so won't be of much use, the only thing I would think to do if I couldn't find a salad dressing packet is to just use the Italian herbs seasoning from the grocery store.

Maybe someone else can come up with something better.

I believe they mean something like Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix - it comes in a packet and it is the dry ingredients before you mix in the vinegar, water, and oil.

(Fixed the link now)

Wow... quick response from you guys! :)

Thanks kitchenelf.

This Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix, I'm sure it would normally be in the salad dressing section of the supermarket, yeah? I guess I'll have to look in some other shops...

Estelle - apparently I deleted your link per company policy because it was to another discussion forum. If the link you fixed is NOT to another discussion forum please post it again.

YES, these packets are in with the salad dressings - usually on the top shelves :rolleyes:. You can also get the little glass cruets to make them in - there are the Ranch packets too - every grocery store I've ever been in has had them - except that store in Austria maybe :LOL:

Ok, i've fixed the link again (recipe sounds delicious.. got 5 stars from many reviewers!).

Thanks for your help kitchenelf and everyone else!

:D

Estelle - that is definately the Italian dry dressing mix by Good Seasons that comes in the packets. Looks like this - these are the individual packets but there is also a box with like 4 packets in them or something like that.

43796.JPG

I really like that brand of italian seasoning. If you can find it Estelle, it'll be worth it.

estelle said:
- but I can't find any dry italian-style salad dressing mix, italian style.
[edit: fixed the link, again]

Well if the truth is to be known there is no such thing as Italian dressing truly Italian style!!

As a matter of fact in most cases they eat their salad with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and some salt, maybe also a dash of balsamic vinegar, nothing more. You would get some raised eyebrows if you question about "Italian dressing" in Italy!! But I suppose in this particular case probably some garlic and mixed herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, maggioram and a bit of crushed red pepper would do the trick! but looking at this recipe, it is going to be too much of mishmash of different flavours, I suggest using a bechamel with some mushrooms added (fresh or dried), instead of the mushroom soup mix, would be much more pleasing... just my opinion though.

Last edited:
estelle, welcome to the boards. Try Save On Foods, they have a better selection than Superstore.

There is an Uncle Dan's type you could try too.

Thanks for your help! :D

Well, i had another search at the Supastore... they had Club House and Uncle Dan's brands, but no Italian flavour. So i'm going to give the Greek Tzatziki flavour a go. Cooking's not really my thing... so i'll just stick to the recipe and if it works out half decent then maybe i'll try to improve on the recipe later :).

Greek%20Tzatziki.jpg

Whoa! That is unusual estelle. Hope you stick around, I bet we can get you hooked on cooking. Or at least on DISCUSScooking. :LOL:

hey that recipe sounds pretty good.. i think i'll have to try it myself as well... i dont know what section in your supermarket they'd be in, but in the store by my house its in the Salad Dressing section, right around the make your own chip dip power's... its called "Good Seasoning Italian Dressing Mix" or something of that nature. If you find them, its the best one to get...

Back
Top Bottom