Love your cheese!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorganzola served on a bed of chicken wings

wings 5-5-11.jpg

:mrgreen:

Mine changes depending on mood and if I've recently found something new that I really like. Currently it's creamy havarti with just about any fruit on a graham cracker, and blue cheese with red or bosc pears. Although if I'm just craving a slice of cheese, nothing fancy or eaten with it, I'm totally a cheddar girl, sharp to extra sharp.

Gjetost. Anytime I can use Gjetost, I do. I make a gravy for beef or venison roast using some grated Gjetost, lingonberries, sour cream, pan drippings and pan juices, thickened with a bit of flour...I like the leftovers over fresh homemade bread...my picnic includes Gjetost. Stay tuned. I like Gjetost with blueberres or a tart apple...I just like Gjetost. And, knowing that I'm going to MN, I can open the one I have in the fridge...I can get more in 2 months.

Impossible task...I love the Cheese Counter in the store and the person behind the counter who lets me sample until I burst!

Impossible task...I love the Cheese Counter in the store and the person behind the counter who lets me sample until I burst!
me too PF this guy knows his cheese and can set me on the path to the best cheeses and go with's yum.I love St. Auger and St. Andre
kades

Lol! I went to Cape Town once for 2 weeks just to sample all the cheeses at the Vinyards, bugger the wine :p It's more than a 1000km to drive too...lol!
Just love cheese!!!!

Back
Top Bottom