Low & slow on a foreman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think they'd be totally disintegrated after 6 hours in a slow cooker. I've disintegrated them after 45 min in the oven. :(

Like K-elf said, they were done a lot sooner. After chicken is done, cooking it longer only dries it out. It expells the juice from the chicken into the crockpot. It's not like some cuts of beef or pork that benefit from long slow cooking.

You might get better results using the oven broiler after the slow cooking... that would very closely imitate a grill. Control the heat by how close to the element they are.....

You might get better results using the oven broiler after the slow cooking... that would very closely imitate a grill. Control the heat by how close to the element they are.....

I do mine that way in the winter if I can't grill. I like them falling off the bone, so I marinate them and then cook them in the oven with the marinade for 30 min or so, then broil till crisp.

Thank you every one for the tips, I will buy a little propane grill. least I should be able to grill on that inside right?

I mean gas is clean enough I can open the windows, and grill right?

Absolutely not. You can not grill inside. You will end up dead from carbon monoxide poisoning. Grilling must be done outside.

Absolutely not. You can not grill inside. You will end up dead from carbon monoxide poisoning. Grilling must be done outside.

NO.

You could very easily kill yourself that way.
Thanks guys, I guess I will use the foreman until I can move out of this ""HELL HOLE"" They will not even allow me to own a gas grill unless it can be easily stored under the bed, in the closet.

Thanks guys, I guess I will use the foreman until I can move out of this ""HELL HOLE"" They will not even allow me to own a gas grill unless it can be easily stored under the bed, in the closet.

Hell Hole, Indeed!

I can't imagine storing a gas grill indoors ...:ohmy:

Under the bed? :shock:

What would be the issue with a small portable gas or charcoal grill (hibachi) for cooking if the rule is it must be small enough to store inside? There are a number of brands made to take to the park or go camping with that are suitable to meet the storage requirement.

I'm almost ashamed to say I own a GF grill, as the entire function is non-consistent. I will say it has sat unused for years now in a drawer.

If you must cook inside, I would suggest a combination of oven and the use of a grill like this: Amazon.com: Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler: Kitchen & Dining

You can get the cooking done initially in the oven if you want, then finish up on the grill for the grill marks. I use this same grill to primarily make panini on, but if the weather is poor out (or winter), I add liquid smoke to the steaks with a bit of evoo and cracked pepper on a pretty good "grilled" steak.

But the better option for flavor would be the hibachi. Can't beat that outdoor flavor.

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom