The problem is associated with reheating of oils, something most of us don't do -- except in deep fryers. Research has shown the practice to cause the formation of HNE, a toxin associated with several diseases, in highly unsaturated vegetable oils.
Here's the conclusion from the University of Minnesota's press release: "HNE is a well known, highly toxic compound that is easily absorbed from the diet," said Csallany. "The toxicity arises because the compound is highly reactive with proteins, nucleic acids--DNA and RNA--and other biomolecules. HNE is formed from the oxidation of linoleic acid, and reports have related it to several diseases, including atherosclerosis, stroke, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and liver diseases."
Ignore it if you wish, but don't discount the science just because you dislike the findings.
Here's another article of interest from the National Women's Health Resource Center:
Reheating Vegetable Oil Releases Toxin: Study