Please HELP???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A. Simple Cook

Assistant Cook
Howdy, I'm currently the new kid on the block. I have tried to find an answer to my question, but don't seem to see the info I need. If I am posting this in the wrong section, please forgive me, and perhaps staff can move it to the right forum. Anyway, here goes:

I have never in my life baked biscuits. However, tonight I am going to be doing a long time recipe for oven chicken. Very simple, just put chicken breasts in a dish, put cream of chicken soup (without cutting it down,) over it, covering it and baking it at 350 for about an hour. OK, no problem, I've done it a million times. (Well, more or less.):LOL:

The kicker is, that I'd like to put together some Bisquick biscuits for the meal tonight. But never having done this before, I notice that the instructions for this are to bake them at 450, for 8 to 10 minutes. I'd like to be baking them, along toward the end of the time the chicken is in the oven.

So, considering the difference in temperature, how do I go about doing this?

Even if I don't get an answer so I can use it tonight, I'd like to know for future reference.

TIA

don

Hi, and welcome to DC :)

The biscuits need to be baked at the higher temperature in order to rise correctly. You ca remove the chicken from the oven when it's done and cover it with foil. It will stay hot for quite a while. If you have a warming drawer, you can put it in there, or if you have a toaster oven, you can set it to 200F and place the chicken dish on top, but you don't have to do this.

As soon as you remove the chicken from the oven, turn the temperature to 450 and mix up your biscuit dough. The oven should be ready by the time you're done, so you can put them in to bake. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC. Your dinner sound really delicious.

This is a fun place to come to. And if you need an answer, you can bet someone here will have one. They always do. :angel:

This is one very good instance of using help from the store.
Do not waste your time making any biscuits or using biscuits mixes.
Just buy a bag of Pillsbury Grands frozen biscuits.
They rise better, they taste better and they all are the same every single time.

It is easy and you cannot make a biscuit at home that rises as pretty as these do. I should say I cannot make them nor can anyone else I know as good as the frozen Grands.

Back
Top Bottom