Pork chops in slow cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malika9

Assistant Cook
My question is, can I use a tall round slow cooker, or does it have to be one of the long rectangular ones? I guess I just don't know if the chops will cook up right if they are laying on top of each other. Last time I made them in the oven, they turned out really dry, so I wanted to try this to see if it helps, but I only have a tall crock pot, not a short long one.

It shouldn't make any difference, I've done mine in both. Just don't peek too much!

very lean rib chops will dry out in no time. you can add all of the fat, liquid, and veggies you want, and the meat will still tighten and be somewhat dry. only a gravy can save it.

loin chops will work better as the bone is in the middle with a good fat cap, but the best way to do pork "chops" is to get a rib end roast that has had the chine bone cut to allow for slicing into chops when cooked.
it's bone-in, and it has much more fat laced through the meat to be rendered while slowly cooked. it resembles a prime rib roast in a way where it has a fatty outer layer, a thick fat chunk in the middle, and a lean center round.

Last edited:
Re:

I brown mine in a cast iron skillet, then in the crock round crock pot I first place several pieces of apple on the bottom. Then a layer of sauerkraut sprinkled with a few
caraway seeds. Lay chops over top, and layer again to stack the sauerkraut and chops. I cook this on the low setting.

You can also add some brown sugar into the sauerkraut if you'd like.

Dee Jsaan said:
I brown mine in a cast iron skillet, then in the crock round crock pot I first place several pieces of apple on the bottom. Then a layer of sauerkraut sprinkled with a few
caraway seeds. Lay chops over top, and layer again to stack the sauerkraut and chops. I cook this on the low setting.

You can also add some brown sugar into the sauerkraut if you'd like.

I love the sweet Bavarian Kraut with chops, along with apple slices and onion.

I don't have much luck cooking tender pork chops, so usually use a pork tenderloin or loin roast instead. Good luck. Dawgluver gave a recipe I'd make, with apples and sauerkraut.

Tender Pork Chopes

This is the recipe I use and the chops come out so tender each time.
1 Season and brown chops on both sides.
2 Transfer to crock pot
3 Add large can of green beans , plus onions or what ever you like
Season to taste and cook on low most the day. Or
Follow step 1 in large skillet that has a lid.
add greens beans and season put lid on. Turn to med high and cook about 1 hour
turn heat up and boil almost dry. Chops will fall apart :chef:

My 85-year old father tells me something similar, how he always cooked pork chops....yes, they fell apart, but still had the texture of cardboard. I'm hoping for juicy, soft meat chunks.

My 85-year old father tells me something similar, how he always cooked pork chops....yes, they fell apart, but still had the texture of cardboard. I'm hoping for juicy, soft meat chunks.

Then dont use a crockpot. They will totally dry out in there. And be tasteless to boot.

Brine them and then cook them quickly until just a bit before done and then let them rest.

Back
Top Bottom