Stomp garlic with shoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady DeWinters

Senior Cook
Not that I would do it but apparently an employee from the Great China Buffet in NYC thought it was a good idea at the time. Ugh... I don't really want to think what goes on in the kitchen....:ohmy:

NANUET, N.Y. (AP) - Stomping on garlic with your shoes on is apparently not the correct way to prepare food. The Rockland County health department hit the Great China Buffet restaurant with two violations after someone took pictures of an employee stomping on a bowl of garlic with his boots in an alley. The man alerted health inspectors.

"I go back there, and the guy's stepping on garlic," said Dan Barreto, who used to eat at the restaurant. "There he was just jumping up and down on it, smashing it up, having a good time."

The health department does not consider a person's shoe or boot a proper instrument to use in food preparation, senior public health sanitarian John Stoughton said Tuesday.

"It was a novel way to prepare food," he acknowledged.
Great China Buffet owner Jiang Shu said the worker has been fired over the incident.
The health department said it would inspect the restaurant again.

Source: My Way News - Buffet Worker Stomps Garlic With Boots

The health department does not consider a person's shoe or boot a proper instrument to use in food preparation, senior public health sanitarian John Stoughton said Tuesday.

Darn!

*throws out garlic stomping boot*

:LOL:

Poor guy didn't know no better. He used to work at North Fork Wineries on Lung Eyeland!

WHAT A BUNCH OF SISSIES!

Haven't you ever heard that old saying "whatever doesn't make you stronger, kills you", or something like that?

Blame it on the I Love Lucy marathon the guy had watched on Nickelodeon over the weekend!

grapes.jpg

Used to work a number of jobs in NYC many years ago as a kid.

The health inspectors at that time were the best money could buy.

Unfortunately the money came from those who were inspected.

Wonder if things have changed?

i can guarantee that almost all of them are walked daily. :rolleyes:

i normally would agree with caine's nietzschean theory, but my experience is that you get enough "stuff" in your food when they're TRYING to stay clean to be healthy.

if you've ever walked thru chinatown at 3am, you'll smell what i mean.

rock, i know a coupla restaurant and pub owners who would disagree with you, and would like to spit in your food the next time you visit. :cool:

I guess the guy missed the class on garlic crushing and improvised.
Takes all kinds. When you think of it we would probably never eat out if we knew what goes on in a lot of restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom