Whats Better Than Leftover Pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is this "Leftover Pizza" that this person speaks of?

I'm not familiar with that expression... :angel:

John

lol... I guess it's kind of like a hot pocket.... I'd be willing to give it a try. We always have left over beer and left over pizza. ( we've been married almost 9 years and still have booze left from our wedding party...)

Finally... a way to make pizza more fattening! :LOL:

It does sound interesting... probably tasty too... but even thinking about a dish like that puts 15lbs on my thighs! Hehe.

Thanks Mugsy, I needed a laugh.

Ronjohn you gotta order some extra pie for breakfast the next morning. But who has pizza left over two days later?

This sounds like a fine recipe and when we find a cardiologist who makes house calls will prepare it, promise.

Again, thanks for the chuckle.

Hey, I would try it!!
If I do remember next time we have pizza, I will and let you know if it's any good or not! I love beer battered anything, so, I'll probably like this too LOL

FINALLY! A way to use up all those half-drank beers scattered around the apartment and 5 pizzas we ordered and felt we would eat at 3 in the morning.... breakfast anyone?

Deep fried pizzas have been a staple item on the menu of fish n chip shops in Scotland for more years than I care to remember. However, eating them would be a step too far in heart attack direction for anyone!

You take

One really cheap grade pizza - smear of tomato paste, coupla strands of low grade cheddar cheese - usually frozen variety. You fold in half. You dip in the batter that has previously had the fish dunked in it.... you immediately drop it into the vat of hot oil... 3 mins later: a heart attack waiting to happen!!!!

Scotland also takes the crown for inventing the deep fried Mars Bar. It was heralded as the balanced meal... a deep fried pizza for main course, followed by a deep fried pudding. YUK!:wacko:

Oh believe me, you really do not want to try a deep fried pizza. Last time I visited Scotland we were in some take-away joint on our way from cold place to colder place and I ordered a pizza. What I got was this...thing...this deep fried pizza.

I think I cried hot tears of pain. I was 10 (I think it was the gourmet that was hidden deep inside me even back then that made me cry).

Funnily enough thats the last time I ever went back to Scotland.

So.... is that all there is to beer batter? Beer, flour, and salt like it said in that article? My g/f loves beer-battered shrimp but I always assumed the batter would be more complicated....

Just make sure the beer is ice cold before adding it to the flour (same applies when you use sparkling/mineral water to make a batter).

For those of you who know what a pastie is, we have an altered kind of patie thing around here called Pizza Paste, and it is fabulous. It's like a giant calsone, but filled with your favorite pizza toppings. I always order mine with extra sauce. The down side, you're basically eating a whole, medium pizza by yourself.

We can get it filled with the traditional toppings, with a mexican themed variation, or with BLT ingredients, minus the lettuce of course. We can get Greek toppings, sicillian toppings, etc.

All I can say is that it is so wonderfully juicy and with intense flavor, and all encased in a very good crust.

What more could a guy ask for especially when you figure that I just can't stomach the taste of alcohol? maybe a great buttersctoch shake to go with it?:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Haggis said:
Oh believe me, you really do not want to try a deep fried pizza. Last time I visited Scotland we were in some take-away joint on our way from cold place to colder place and I ordered a pizza. What I got was this...thing...this deep fried pizza.

I think I cried hot tears of pain. I was 10 (I think it was the gourmet that was hidden deep inside me even back then that made me cry).

Funnily enough thats the last time I ever went back to Scotland.

I feel your pain!

There is a chip shop on the Royal Mile that has a sign in the window (obviously aimed at tourists!) which says 'YES, we really DO deep-fry Mars Bars'...!!:) I've seen queues of tourists standing waiting their turn to photograph the sign, just to prove that we really DO have bad diet items on regular sale.... there was no need for MacDonalds to start up in Scotland, we can kill ourselves with fatty foods!
(And this is where I protest by saying that I do not know of anyone who buys or eats those things! - and to confess I have deep fried Mars Bars for rellies from overseas who were surprised by the sign and wanted to try the MBars. I explained that I really couldn't replicate the slightly 'fishy' taste that the chippy's deep fat fryers imparted to the choc bars!)

Ishbel said:
I feel your pain!

There is a chip shop on the Royal Mile that has a sign in the window (obviously aimed at tourists!) which says 'YES, we really DO deep-fry Mars Bars'...!!:) I've seen queues of tourists standing waiting their turn to photograph the sign, just to prove that we really DO have bad diet items on regular sale.... there was no need for MacDonalds to start up in Scotland, we can kill ourselves with fatty foods!
(And this is where I protest by saying that I do not know of anyone who buys or eats those things! - and to confess I have deep fried Mars Bars for rellies from overseas who were surprised by the sign and wanted to try the MBars. I explained that I really couldn't replicate the slightly 'fishy' taste that the chippy's deep fat fryers imparted to the choc bars!)

LOL, every once in a while, we will go to the Chestnut Festival in Evansville IN. They always advertise the deep fried twinkies and fried snickers (i think it is snickers). I had always heard they were really good and I just had to HAVE one. I'm not much on a lot of fried foods anyway, but I just had to try it since everyone else was. I wasn't that terribly impressed, plus I couldn't imagine it tasting fishy also. :ohmy: :sick: Everything in that place is deep fried I think. We always walk away from there feeling like we need to diet for at least a week to make up for it. :mrgreen:

It's missing something! I know - serve it with deep fried oreos and deep fried twinkies. :sick:

I had deep fried pickles at a carnival once... it was actually pretty yummy. (they use giant dill pickles, batter them and put them on a stick, like a corndog)

Hey Ishbel are those Mars bar poppers (drink cartons? I forget what they are called in the UK) still around? I swear I lived off them when I was over there...that and Ribena, but Ribena I can get here.

Could definitely go some tablet, some highland toffee (the brand with the coo on it) and an Irn-Bru bar-and-or-drink. I've already got the tinned haggis sitting in the pantry for an upcoming winter artery-clogging dinner.

Back
Top Bottom