"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Avocado Salsa anyone?

We are having this today with tortilla chips we are baking. Avocado's are loved here even by the kids so I want to share with you one of their fav dips.
Combine 15 small radishes that you've minced along with 1 small diced red onion. Now add 2-3 serrano chiles seeded and minced You can choose the amount of peppers you want so the heat level is up or down. Toss the above mix well and set aside.In your f/p put 2 avocados that have been cut in chunks add 1/2 cup of lime juice, and now blend to a smooth paste put this into a bowl and add the radish mix fold together stir in 3 Tab. evoo 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves or more if you like. season with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
kades

Old 04-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Half Baked

Sounds good with some heat to it.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

I am going to try this today, thank you.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes--I love it! Send some my way!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Love Avocado, this sounds really good, Thanks Ma!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Head Chef

Wonderful. I adore avocado.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Thanks for this! Gonna try it.
I love avocado salsa. A sandwich place, which I usually go for lunch, makes avocado salsa as a spread for the bread. For most of the time, I ask for avocado salsa, although they have several other spreads too. I just can't resist its temptation!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Ahuaca Cutahuitl:The Testicle Tree = Avocado Tree

Dear Members,

Got your attention, yes ?

Firstly, we just arrived in Madrid after a lovely time in Italy ... I have had some time on the flight to read some of the new posts and reflect, on which I was going to reply to new and old ...

Among the uncountable fruits and vegetables that the Spaniards brought back from the new world ( 1518 - 1520 ), the avocado, the Aztec Legacy, had been slow to catch on until the 21st century in Spain ...

Dr. Francisco Hernandez, the physician of King Felipe II : 1527 to 1598, had recommended this fruit due to its aphrodisiactic properties !

The Aztec name listed in the title above, translates to the Testicle Tree, thus, the tree bearing avocados.

It had been quite controversial during the Inquisition, during the time of Felipe II ... thus, Felipe II, quite a ladies man, with several marriages, had listened to his Doctor in secret !

Thought you would all enjoy this little anecdote ...

I have never made an avocado salsa ... However, I am a lover of Guacamole with Haas Mexican black wrinkled avocados ... and I prepare mine in a Mocajete, a volcanic stone mortar with a stone pestle ...

However, I am here to tell you, that I like your recipe ... and shall give it a go, later in the week ...

Do you have a photo of this salad dish ?

Thanks for the post,
Have a rainbow day.
Margi.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
We are having this today with tortilla chips we are baking. Avocado's are loved here even by the kids so I want to share with you one of their fav dips.
Combine 15 small radishes that you've minced along with 1 small diced red onion. Now add 2-3 serrano chiles seeded and minced You can choose the amount of peppers you want so the heat level is up or down. Toss the above mix well and set aside.In your f/p put 2 avocados that have been cut in chunks add 1/2 cup of lime juice, and now blend to a smooth paste put this into a bowl and add the radish mix fold together stir in 3 Tab. evoo 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves or more if you like. season with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
kades
You've made your own version of guacamole.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Dear Members,

Got your attention, yes ?

Firstly, we just arrived in Madrid after a lovely time in Italy ... I have had some time on the flight to read some of the new posts and reflect, on which I was going to reply to new and old ...

Among the uncountable fruits and vegetables that the Spaniards brought back from the new world ( 1518 - 1520 ), the avocado, the Aztec Legacy, had been slow to catch on until the 21st century in Spain ...

Dr. Francisco Hernandez, the physician of King Felipe II : 1527 to 1598, had recommended this fruit due to its aphrodisiactic properties !

The Aztec name listed in the title above, translates to the Testicle Tree, thus, the tree bearing avocados.

It had been quite controversial during the Inquisition, during the time of Felipe II ... thus, Felipe II, quite a ladies man, with several marriages, had listened to his Doctor in secret !

Thought you would all enjoy this little anecdote ...

I have never made an avocado salsa ... However, I am a lover of Guacamole with Haas Mexican black wrinkled avocados ... and I prepare mine in a Mocajete, a volcanic stone mortar with a stone pestle ...

However, I am here to tell you, that I like your recipe ... and shall give it a go, later in the week ...

Do you have a photo of this salad dish ?

Thanks for the post,
Have a rainbow day.
Margi.
Hi Margi,
Tanks for the tale of the tree I'm sorry I don't have a picture. I'll try to get my daughter to take one the next time we make some. Hope you get a chance to make the salsa. If you enjoy some heat you could add a little Serrano chile without seeds.
kades

Tags
None