"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 06-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Whoa, today must be a melanzane/aubergine/eggplant day... (whatever you call them they are equally good!! ) Together with the Imam Biyaldi from Ishbel, this one is also a keeper!! I can never have enough of recipes for one of my favourite summer vegetables!!

And yes I am in the agreement that I prefer smaller versions, their flavours tend to be more intense than those "blimpies"...
I'll use the bigger ones when I just bread and fry them, but the litle guys are so much easier to do things with..Plus they don't seem to have as many seeds as the big ones.Now to go check out that recipe Ishbel posted, I bet it's a wonderful one.

kadesma

Old 06-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
Executive Chef

I adore eggplant in any shape or form. Thank you for this quick recipe. Like the idea of serving it as a side with grilled chicken. You've given me some 'food for thought.' How about some broiled/baked stuffed tomatoes with mozzarella, herbs and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs to go with?

Here's a quick meal I was looking at (except it's served with zukes), that reminded me of your chicken and eggplant meal suggestion. (I would skip the potato chips. )

http://www.finedinings.com/chicken_breasts_baked.htm

Thanks again, kads.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
I adore eggplant in any shape or form. Thank you for this quick recipe. Like the idea of serving it as a side with grilled chicken. You've given me some 'food for thought.' How about some broiled/baked stuffed tomatoes with mozzarella, herbs and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs to go with?

Here's a quick meal I was looking at (except it's served with zukes), that reminded me of your chicken and eggplant meal suggestion. (I would skip the potato chips. )

http://www.finedinings.com/chicken_breasts_baked.htm

Thanks again, kads.
Hi Mish Glad you like therecipe idea. I think the stuffed tomatoes would go well with this. In fact, I'll give it a try either sat or sun.
I looked at the zucchini recipe and I'm going to try it, it looks great. I've never thought to dice them or to add dill, I bet they are outstanding. Thanks Mish, you steered me in the right direction again

kadesma
Old 06-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Thank you, kads. I wouldn't have thought of putting together chicken and eggplant. (Duh.) Yum. Sometimes my brain freezes when I have a good main/side dish & what to put it together with to make it a winning dish/meal. Anyone have that problem? Kinda like looking through the closet & finding a great outfit to put together, lol. So... you've given me inspiration

Liked the little tic-tac-toe asparagus board with the chicken on top, and the yam souffle. One of the great things about this board is not only the recipes, but the input/feedback that makes me wanna get those pots a rattlin' I'm going to try the zuke and dill, as well. Thanks again, kads.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #15
Head Chef

Oh, great recipe, kadesma! I grow Ichiban eggplants in containers, so I have plenty every summer. Always looking for different ideas for them. And for my basil, too!

Thanks!

Lee
Old 06-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis
Oh, great recipe, kadesma! I grow Ichiban eggplants in containers, so I have plenty every summer. Always looking for different ideas for them. And for my basil, too!

Thanks!

Lee
You're welcome Qsis,
Glad I could give you an idea. Sounds as if you like to garden too. I love working in my garden it's so rewarding. What else do you have planted? We have tomatoes, watermelon, eggplant, 1 lone zucchini, cucumbers(armenian), basil,thyme,rosemary, Stockton red onions just pulled, peppers, red bells and Italian long green..Fruit trees as well, 3 peach, 2 apple, one a cross between white peach and nectarine, apricot, nectarine, grapes, and tangarine as well as a meyer lemon.Wanted to do some corn, but just didn't get it done..Have some nice butter lettuce on the patio that is ready.That was it for us this year..
kadesma
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

I have a bush that grows the smaller variety of eggplants. Always have plenty to pick.
Coat a corningware dish with olive oil, then add sliced eggplant. Sprinkle some seasoned bread crumbs over the slices. Slice some tomato on top with a little olive oil over it.
Spread some parmesan cheese over it.
Cook about ten minutes covered in the microwave. The cover produces steam moistening the eggplant. Let stand for a few minutes. This is fast to prepare and even tastes good cold the next day.
_______
Sueanne
Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

This sounds lovely Sueanne, will give it a try, I just picked some eggplant and tomatoes

kadesma

Tags
None