This is a popular Central and South American dish, and it's the national dish of Costa Rica. In some countries, it's customary to use red beans instead of black, but you can really use whatever kind you like.
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Onion, 1 large, any color, chopped
- Garlic, 2 cloves, chopped
- Rice, 3 cups, cooked
- Black beans, 2 cups, rinsed and drained
- Spices: cumin, coriander, ginger, pepper, about 1-2 teaspoons each
- Worcestershire sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Green onion, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
Saute the onion and garlic in oil until translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add the rice, beans, spices and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and heat thoroughly over medium-low. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
You can find similar recipes at my website