"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
But you got to love them! After all, it is family.

BTW, you might try making some Pepperidge Farm or Stove Top stuffing and leave it sitting out in a separate bowl for you sister to see. Then you won't care if she takes the whole bowl of it home. You will still have your personally made stuffing. Yes, I do have a devious mind.
Actually a couple years ago I bought Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes and treated them like they were plain homemade bread cubes.
I must say it was very good.......LOL
I don't see them anymore. If I did, I would use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
RB, this sounds like a teaching moment of manners for your kids and grands. Leftover holiday food doesn't just magically appear for the taking.

Assuming they are all old enough to cook, they should each be contributing a dish to the table in order to share their leftovers with other family members. Only then will they get the idea of "sharing" and not "taking'.
I'm reminded of my piggy family member who took home most everything, and always only brought a package of store bought dinner rolls. Ack...
For sure you are right. No wonder you are one of my favorite posters on this forum.
Yes, all of them are old enough and perfectly able to cook. I should discuss this "teaching moment" with my wife.
After all. "A happy wife is a happy life"!!!!!!!

Thanks y'all.

Roll_Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:58 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

RB, you certainly should not feel funny for hiding leftovers. You bought the ingredients, prepared the food, welcomed your guests, and (probably) cleaned everything up. If anyone deserves first dibs on leftovers, it is you! I say continue to hide stuff...and put a mousetrap or two right in front of them. That way you'll know if anyone found your hiding spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
But you got to love them! After all, it is family.
My Mom's rule was "You're family. I have to love you, but I don't have to like you." Sometimes, family members are just plain unlikable.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
RB, you certainly should not feel funny for hiding leftovers. You bought the ingredients, prepared the food, welcomed your guests, and (probably) cleaned everything up. If anyone deserves first dibs on leftovers, it is you! I say continue to hide stuff...and put a mousetrap or two right in front of them. That way you'll know if anyone found your hiding spot.

My Mom's rule was "You're family. I have to love you, but I don't have to like you." Sometimes, family members are just plain unlikable.
Well said Goddess.
Roll_Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

Love that mouse trap idea. And just think. Who ever gets caught, just might not come back next year. More leftovers for you.

Tags
breakfast, dressing, fast, turkey