Serve as salad, side dish or vegetarian dinner.
- 3 Tablespoons mint jelly
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups coleslaw blend with carrots
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- Bring water to a boil, stir in lentils. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in bulgur and simmer for an additional 8 - 10 minutes or until lentils are tender and water is absorbed. Place in a large bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan heat jelly until melted. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Cool 5 minutes.
- Add salad ingredients to lentil mixture. Toss gently. Pour mint dressing over the salad; toss to coat.
Can be served immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.