Sicilian Pasta Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Sicilian Pasta Salad
6 Servings

12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts with liquid
1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
1 to 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar to taste
1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried
6 oz. mozzarella cheese, diced
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 med yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 tsp. salt
8 oz. sea shell pasta
2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths

Bring large pot of water to a boil. When water boils add 1 teaspoon salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 to 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, steam green beans and squash separately until each is just tender. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.

Drain pasta, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Transfer to large serving bowl. Add green beans, squash, artichokes with liquid, tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and coat. Serve at room temperature.

Drooling! OMG, you have been BUSY today girl! Thanks for all the recipes. I am going to go copy the orange chocolate one too!

Oh yes, and I am using zucchini in this one instead of summer squash since I have a bajillion of them!

Alix, wish I could show you a pic. It's as tasty as it is colorful. Found the recipe a while back in a magazine in my doc's office, LOL. (I collect 'em wherever I can find 'em.) Mentioned in another post, I was going thru my files & came across a bunch of goodies I'd tucked away. This is a good one to take along for a picnic or barbecue, etc. Yep, I'm busy busy (recipe-wise) today. I have to try the pear ricotta and chocolate thing too. Oh, next time I make it, I might add some toasted pine nuts -- you think?

Oh YA! That would be just the thing to give it a bit of zip. I was thinking almond slivers but pine nuts would be better.

Back
Top Bottom