"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklord1 View Post
Thanks for opening my eyes , i love all cuisines with flavour so do feel to send me all the info on dim sum and related cusine to me . If you want PM and ill tell you my email address so we can correspond.

What does dim sum literally mean
It might be broadly interpreted as 'touching the heart'

See this Dim sum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Dim Sum means 'touch the heart'. So when we go for dim sum, the food touches our heart because they look great and taste great. On top of that when we go with our family or friends, we touch each others hearts when we enjoy the dim sum together.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Hi shalinee i see your from the uk where do you go to get dim sum , cheers
Old 07-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #14
Head Chef

Shalinee, I have to say I love dim sum. The only issue I have is that I don't eat pork and most the dim sum atleast here in US that you get has pork in it.

I was in London last week and I had the best (not the most authentic but definitely the most creative) dim sum. It was at a restaurant in Central London called Hakkasan. Actually most of the food there was amazing but the vegetarian and sea food dim sum was something my husband and I enjoyed the most. When I go back to London I am going to pay a visit to Hakkasan again.

If there are other places that serve good dim sum in U.K. I would love to know as well since I do go there often.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Smile Dim Sum - to get and to eat

If you stay in bigger cities, usually there are Chinese supermarkets. Most of them sell frozen dim sum. They are uncooked. Just follow the instructions to cook them. It's cheap when you buy and cook them yourself. In fact most Chinese restaurants use the frozen ones.

But if you are travelling, then you have no choice but to go to the Chinese restaurants. I seldom go to restaurants for dim sum because they are expensive and sometimes not very nice. I try to make a few types if I like to eat. I have not tried any in London yet though I travel there quite often. When I'm in London, I like to go for Malaysian food or Chinese roasted duck rice.

Tags
None