"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Old 02-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
I understand that cilantro is more or less exclusively a usage from Spanish speaking countries and thus North America via Mexican dishes.
As CraigC mentioned, cilantro is quite common in Asian cuisines as well, especially Thai and Vietnamese.

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef
Cilantro is sometimes called fresh coriander as well, distinguishing it from coriander, the spice.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #13
Wine Guy
This recipe looks very good, and I may try it this week. My wife is going to Costa Rica on business, so I look at this time as an opportunity to eat all the things I normally can't when she's around. And food with a lot of chiles fits in that category.

Thanks for sharing it!
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #14
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
This recipe looks very good, and I may try it this week. My wife is going to Costa Rica on business, so I look at this time as an opportunity to eat all the things I normally can't when she's around. And food with a lot of chiles fits in that category.

Thanks for sharing it!

:) I hope you'll enjoy it. You can also decrease the amount of some Chilli to suit your taste I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
maryamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:55 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by maryamn View Post
CraigC, I indeed missed a very important point so everyone please put your frying pan or skillet over the stove before adding tomatoes etc. and also do not forget to turn on the stove.

Ok and next time I'll use the word cilantro while posting in this forum. We always call them Coriander leaves and it took me a while to figure out what exactly is Cilantro when I read a recipe of Fajitas for the first time. :)

Thanks for admiring my dish and also for the correction. I am loving these forums.
Yeah. We do have a lot of fun here. And a lot of comments when a new type of cooking is posted, such as yours. It gets a great conversation started. That dish looks so inviting. Looking forward to more. And don't forget the pictures. We love pictures.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote

recipe, chicken

Pakistani Boneless Tawa Chicken Ingredients Boneless Chicken Breasts 500g , Cut in thin Strips Tomatoes 3 Finely Chopped Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp Black pepper Powder 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes 1/2 tsp [URL="http://www.food.com/recipe/tikka-spice-mix-2654"]Chicken tikka masala powder[/URL] 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp Yogurt 250g Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter) 2 Tbsp Oil 2 tbsp Water 1/4 Cup Dried Fenugreek leaves (Qusoori Methi) 1 tsp Green Chillies 6-7 (Grind Three or Four and cut the rest in big Chunks) Ginger Julienne 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves 3 tbsp Method Marinate Chicken pieces in mixture of salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, ground green chillies, black pepper powder,chicken tikka masala and turmeric powder for 4-6 hours. Now take a frying pan and add chopped tomatoes, marinated chicken and 1/4 cup of water, cover the lid and cook for ten minutes. When tomatoes are a bit soft, add 250g of yogurt, fenugreek leaves, desi ghee, oil, and julienne ginger and cook on high heat till chicken is fully cooked through and oil gets separated from chicken. Now mix green chilli chunks and coriander leaves in it and turn off the stove. Garnish with Julienne Ginger and serve hot. [IMG]http://cook-and-talk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_4300.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews