Persian Kabobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

falcontook

Assistant Cook
This is a recipe that makes excellent kabobs for barbecues or family outings. Enjoy :chef:

Persian Kabobs

Ingredients needed:
2 pounds of ground beef or ground turkey, 1 onion, 1 garlic, 1 pack of Kabob seasoning, Sumac (Optional), lavish bread, a fourth of a stick of butter, and a pack of metal skewers

Directions
1.The first thing to do is take your choice of ground meat and place it in a bowl. After that, chop and dice the onions and mix it in with the ground meat.At this point, add sumac if you want the kabobs to have a slight bitter, lemony taste.
2. Mix in the kabob seasoning in the bowl and now you are ready to prepare the kabobs.
3. Turn on your grill and put the settings on High. Take the ground meat mixture and shape a kabob on each metal skewer.
4. Place the skewers on the grill and wait until they are fully cooked. Be sure not to burn the kabobs and everything should be fine.
5. Next get a plate, and put some lavish bread with butter on the bottom. When the kabobs are done, use a piece of lavish bread to slide the kabobs onto this platter.
6. Put butter on top of the kabobs and/or sumac and wrap a layer of lavish bread around the kabobs. Squeeze the kabobs together with the bread.

The result will be juicy kabobs with some of the juice on the breads.
The lavish bread with kabob juices is a nice compliment to eating kabobs with rice.
You may also want to look at the article for making must-o-khair to eat with your kabobs. As always, make a batch of rice.
With this recipe, you should have a nice fun barbecue sometime.

Wondering what makes this Persian, surely it would have been lamb or goat? Whats in the seasoning?
Waaza

Have a Persain friend that makes this for us.. he uses steak though instead of ground meat. It's wonderfully wonderful.

Have a Persain friend that makes this for us.. he uses steak though instead of ground meat. It's wonderfully wonderful.

in other countries, using ground/minced meat for kebabs is very different from making it with whole meat. And while chunks of meat are usually marinated first, the ground/minced meat has other flavours added to it before cooking. How do you get the other ingredients to stick to the steak? Sumac is usually sprinkled over food just before serving.

What's in the spice mix?

I'm sorry Waaza, by the time we get there dinner is done and ready to eat. I'm not sure how he makes it. I do thing he marinates it all though.

Very good recipe for ground beef kebab or "Koubedeih". Even better if grilled over coal instead of gas. Also, since I am lazy, I use a spice mix from "Sadaf". If you can lay your hands on their spice mixes, make sure you get some. They're great for lazy bums like me! :)

Back
Top Bottom