"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 09-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #11
Executive Chef

We had some wonderful Greek neighbors when my kids were little and she made stuffed grape leaves and many other wonderful dishes. I was only in my 20's and working and she was always trying to help me with my cooking or caring for the kids. My kids called them nana and papou. She came over sometimes and made them lemon toast and they both still love it. If we were having company, her dh would tell me to only cook the veggies and sides and he would cook the meat or chicken, etc. for me. He made the most wonderful Greek lemon chicken. I should have paid more attention to recipes then. She could get my son to sleep in a jiffy - said my shoulders were too skinny for a baby to rest on. She was very ample. Boy, she wouldn't think they were so skinny now.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #12
Cook

Jordanian Cuisine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespanishsky
Hi Shantihhh- my mom will be out of the country until october, but when she gets back I'll post her recipe. my mom is from jordan (thats where she is right now actually). she's been emaling me telling me about all the great food shes been eating, and im so jealous! so many great fruits and food in general.
There are some recipes I'd love to have from Jordan! There is a restaurant in Sunnyvale, CA named Dish Dash and I'd love to learn to make some of the things they serve, as they are too far to pop in for lunch!

Maybe when your mom has returned we can start a new thread on Jordanian cuiisne?!?

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to bluespanishsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantihhh
There are some recipes I'd love to have from Jordan! There is a restaurant in Sunnyvale, CA named Dish Dash and I'd love to learn to make some of the things they serve, as they are too far to pop in for lunch!

Maybe when your mom has returned we can start a new thread on Jordanian cuiisne?!?

Thanks!
Sure! sounds good to me! :-) what sort of jordanian dishes are you looking to learn?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:16 AM   #14
Cook

Smile Jordanian Cuisine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespanishsky
Sure! sounds good to me! :-) what sort of jordanian dishes are you looking to learn?
Mansaf
Tabsi
Beriani
Sabanech
M'Sakhan

M'shakaleh

For starters. LOL I cook Moroccan, some Egyptian, Lebanese, a lot of Thai (I am the Thai Food Editor on Bellaonline.com), Vietnamese, Turkish, Indian (various styles) and so on.

I haven't even tried to cook Jordanian food but after eating at Dish Dash I am in love with the flavours.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:53 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to bluespanishsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantihhh
Mansaf
Tabsi
Beriani
Sabanech
M'Sakhan

M'shakaleh

For starters. LOL I cook Moroccan, some Egyptian, Lebanese, a lot of Thai (I am the Thai Food Editor on Bellaonline.com), Vietnamese, Turkish, Indian (various styles) and so on.

I haven't even tried to cook Jordanian food but after eating at Dish Dash I am in love with the flavours.
i'm topping this thread for my mom, she just signed up and maybe she will post some recipes once she gets the hang of these forums..
Old 12-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

let's hear from mama spanishsky!!!

a local greek diner puts them on their salads, the meatless kind, and they are fantastic. they have a perfumey quality to them that you sense in the back of your nose and throat when eaten, i can't really describe it. has anyone else experienced this?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:04 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I am very much fond of Middle Eastern / North african fare even though I am not yet a quite expert... so I look forward to some further input!!

I also wanted forever a good dependable recipe for dolmathe... I am so thrilled, gotta try it very soon!!

Tags
None