"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #21
Master Chef

I bet I can find this at Market Street... kinda like a Whole Foods, but much more intimate. I will try and keep my eye out for it because this dish just seems to easy to pass up without giving it a try.

Thanks for posting it!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Gone

Farmer's Cheese must be very popular or otherwise everyone around here is making this recipe. The stores I asked if they had it were gone except for third one who had only 1/2 lb. left. Hope this is enough and never knew I would have hard time trying to locate it. Well, it is in the fridge and will try this evening. amy, can you believe what you started? Keep remembering, you got us all interested! Oh, and thanks for sharing. Your grandma would be proud.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Farmers cheese also makes a great filling for blintzes. It's faintly sweet so some might prefer pot cheese on their buttered broad noodles.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #24
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
I bet I can find this at Market Street... kinda like a Whole Foods, but much more intimate. I will try and keep my eye out for it because this dish just seems to easy to pass up without giving it a try.

Thanks for posting it!
Your welcome Sattie. Hope you like it as much as I do. Will have to look for Pot cheese as well. I just bought some more broad egg noodles (& cottage cheese for now).
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #25
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Farmer's Cheese must be very popular or otherwise everyone around here is making this recipe. The stores I asked if they had it were gone except for third one who had only 1/2 lb. left. Hope this is enough and never knew I would have hard time trying to locate it. Well, it is in the fridge and will try this evening. amy, can you believe what you started? Keep remembering, you got us all interested! Oh, and thanks for sharing. Your grandma would be proud.
Who knew?! Aw, Bless your heart, ITK, for going to three stores. Hope you like the dish. Never knew so many others made it as well. Maybe it's an Eastern European secret? (It can be a tad bland, so I use a little bit more salt than I usually use - & I'm not a big salt fan.) Hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #26
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Farmers cheese also makes a great filling for blintzes. It's faintly sweet so some might prefer pot cheese on their buttered broad noodles.
Your making me hungry.

Blintz
Old 12-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #27
Master Chef

Now if are going to talk about blintzes for you should go to a Russian store for the farmers cheese. They sell this absolutely amassing farmers cheese, called Tvorog in Russian. It is sweet, I mean really sweet, there are some varieties, like raisin, or chocolate. It is to die for. Strongly recommend to check it out if you want to make blintzes. It is good by it self too, or on a roll with a cup of tea. Kids especially like it.
Disclaimer: I would not use for the dish mentioned above.
However there is sweet noodle kugel you can make with it, yum.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Now if are going to talk about blintzes for you should go to a Russian store for the farmers cheese. They sell this absolutely amassing farmers cheese, called Tvorog in Russian. It is sweet, I mean really sweet, there are some varieties, like raisin, or chocolate. It is to die for. Strongly recommend to check it out if you want to make blintzes. It is good by it self too, or on a roll with a cup of tea. Kids especially like it.
Thanks for giving me some idea of what to try next. If only I can find Russian store with, do they call it Russian Farmers Cheese? After I make this recipe tonight I will surely like to try the Russian type of cheese. Sounds like you just eat like piece of sweets on biscuit or something. I am just getting so hungry. Who can watch their weight? Maybe after January!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #29
Master Chef

Yeah, the weight, I know, my wife blaims it on me and my cooking. Well, it's not my foult she doesn't know how to cook.

As far as Russian store i do not know where you are, otherwise I would have liked to help.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #30
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
There's a chocolate cheese out there? I'm in big trouble!

ITK, I'm with you - Jan 1 - on a diet.

Tags
None