"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #71
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yup! You will find it in the frozen foods department. You can use it for a lot of things. There are usually two loaves in the package. Thaw out one and keep the other one frozen until you need it. All pita is, is bread dough. Skip the part about making the dough. Go right to half way down the directions and start with the cutting the loaf into eight pieces and rolling out into a circle. Have your oven preheated to 450ºF.
So the dough is regular white bread dough or does it say "pita bread dough" on the package?
I buy the Bridgeford (3 loaf pack) ready frozen dough on occasion. Is this what you mean?
And I do have concern it may not be available in my area.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
So the dough is regular white bread dough or does it say "pita bread dough" on the package?
I buy the Bridgeford (3 loaf pack) ready frozen dough on occasion. Is this what you mean?
And I do have concern it may not be available in my area.

Thanks
That's it. Use the Bridgeford dough. Pita dough and bread dough same thing.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #73
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
That's it. Use the Bridgeford dough. Pita dough and bread dough same thing.
So the dough makes it own pocket? Like true Indian pitas? Puff up like pillows?
Or do you just use the whole round? Like a taco shell or tortilla?

I want to stuff the pita's.
__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
So the dough makes it own pocket? Like true Indian pitas? Puff up like pillows?
Or do you just use the whole round? Like a taco shell or tortilla?

I want to stuff the pita's.
Did you read any of the directions in the link I sent to you? It tells you how to cut the loaf of bread and how to roll them out. Yes, they do puff up. But read the second half of the link. Skip the part of making the dough. You only need to read on what to do once the dough is made. And you already will have the dough.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #75
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Did you read any of the directions in the link I sent to you? It tells you how to cut the loaf of bread and how to roll them out. Yes, they do puff up. But read the second half of the link. Skip the part of making the dough. You only need to read on what to do once the dough is made. And you already will have the dough.
You got me Addie!
I only skimmed the recipe in the link. I will read it thoroughly.
Appreciate the help.
__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #76
Executive Chef
 
Mad Cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North West England
Posts: 4,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
Update:
I ran across some dried chick peas in Ingles Grocery store yesterday. Made by Goya.
They were in the international isle.
This is why my wife could not find them. She only looked in the dried bean isle and would never ask anyone anything if her life depended on it.

So, I got em and no recipe. Off to Google unless someone has one handy.

I am going to make pita pockets with them and stuff the falafel, lettuce, tomato and cucumber dressing.
Any other ideas as to toppings?

Also. Does Panera bread make pita bread. The pita in the store seem hard and unappealing.
They are until you warm them
__________________

__________________
Don’t look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Stomp along and switch the bl**dy thing on yourself.
Mad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.