For the love of cheese :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmmmmmm cheese. One of the most important food bandaids around and so amazing all on its own.

I am not a fan of bleu on its own, but in stuff...WOW. Otherwise, I'm hard pressed to name a cheese I didn't love. I prefer the soft cheeses with a good sesame cracker but the really old cheddars are amazing all on their own or with a slice of Granny smith apple.

No one has mentioned Imperial cheese yet. I figured GW would have had that in his list! MMMMMMMM! Now I have to go raid MY fridge too!

You should try aged good cheddar with a slice of fresh watermelon :) Yummy!

Alix said:
No one has mentioned Imperial cheese yet. I figured GW would have had that in his list! MMMMMMMM! Now I have to go raid MY fridge too!

Are you speaking of the Canadian stuff in a little red tub, Alix? My mom's absolute favorite! Yearly we would have to cross the border and raid the stores for it, often hard to find. I will have to see if I can get some online!

Many jokes were made at Mom's expense due to her love of Imperial Cheese.

You should try aged good cheddar with a slice of fresh watermelon :) Yummy!

I've had cheese with almost every fruit. Watermelon is OK, but a good Granny has my vote for a complement to sharp aged cheddar. I'm a slob...watermelon is messy! ;)

Dawgluver - YES! That tub of deliciousness was my Dad's favorite, and I learned to love it too. Its especially good with those cute little sesame/rice crackers from Costco.

Alix said:
Dawgluver - YES! That tub of deliciousness was my Dad's favorite, and I learned to love it too. Its especially good with those cute little sesame/rice crackers from Costco.

Alix, do they carry Imperial at Costco in the States? I love the stuff too. It's like $9 plus shipping online.

I don't know about Costco in the US. I'm in Alberta and I can find it everywhere here. Check the Costco online thing its usually pretty accurate.

I'd send you some, but shipping from here is HORRENDOUS.

I don't know about Costco in the US. I'm in Alberta and I can find it everywhere here. Check the Costco online thing its usually pretty accurate.

'cuz the sled dogs get tired.:angel:

Ya ya ya. And the "Alberta cold front" is responsible for your crummy weather too. ;)

Don't get me started on Canada Post...you guys can complain all you like, but you don't know the half of it!

Ya ya ya. And the "Alberta cold front" is responsible for your crummy weather too. ;)

Don't get me started on Canada Post...you guys can complain all you like, but you don't know the half of it!

Muahahahahahaha!

Alix said:

Thanks, Alix, I can see that! Our nearest Costco is 3 hours away, and I doubt they carry it. I found some Canadian websites that will ship. What's the usual price for a tub? The webs start at about $9 a tub. Will check Amazon too.

They have to ship it in a cooler. Think I might get it anyway, Mom just loves it!

Hmm. May have them ship me some Canadian Velveeta while I'm at it. Just when I thought pasturized processed cheese product couldn't get any better...

Last edited:
Thanks, Alix, I can see that! Our nearest Costco is 3 hours away, and I doubt they carry it. I found some Canadian websites that will ship. What's the usual price for a tub? The webs start at about $9 a tub. Will check Amazon too.

They have to ship it in a cooler. Think I might get it anyway, Mom just loves it!

Hmm. May have them ship me some Canadian Velveeta while I'm at it. Just when I thought pasturized processed cheese product couldn't get any better...

I think it was about $6 last time I bought some.

Extra Sharp Cheddar, either hand sliced and simply snacked, or shredded and mixed with mozzarella for pizzas or quesadillas.

Strong Imported Swiss Cheese. None of this mild baby Swiss nonsense. I prefer it on a club cracker with deli-shaved ham.

Goat Cheese crumbled into a salad.

I would love to get that name brand of swiss cheese, I really enjoy a strong swiss cheese.

Alix said:
I think it was about $6 last time I bought some.

Okay, that's not so bad. $3 more online. Will check out the Canadian postal system.

Thanks!

It's much cheaper for me to have something shipped from Japan than it is to order from Amazon and have it shipped to me. Of course, I can't get things shipped overnight from Japan.

I had a look at the pic of Kraft Velveeta and it looked familiar some how. Checked the pamphlet I got at our Spar Supermarket today and guess what?
Velveeta Cheese for P24..lol!
It looks like the Canadian one too. Everyone is looking for the Canadian Velveeta and guess who can get it, the chick from Botswana. How ironic!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom