"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #11
Head Chef

I have always believed that the only time eggs are bad for you is when they are separated - my Mother in Law will throw away perfectly good yolks to make scrambled eggs with 3 whites and 1 yolk.....horrors!

Of course if you recombine them in the finished dish - like a cake or use the whites in part of the dish and the yolks to make something like Hollandaise sauce...that's perfectly ok!

Other that that I just plain love eggs any old way!

Of course if they are poached or fried the yolks should look like a sauce - and if they are hard boiled the yolks should almost bounce!

Old 06-26-2004, 07:38 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to chefwannabe Send a message via Yahoo to chefwannabe
I like eggs pretty much any way you fix them. I like omelets, quiche, scrambled with sour cream and cheese, fried, boiled, poached in eggs benedict, and meringue on pies. Eggs are not as high in cholesterol as people generally thought, but the yellow is where all the "bad" stuff is. Wouldn't you know that's my favorite part.

As for cholesterol, yes I have one. Whether it be high or low, I could care less. I'm going to die one day and I want to go happy.

"Life is like a box of chocolates. All your friends get the good stuff and you get the leftovers."
chefwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:30 AM   #13
Senior Cook

We eat alot of scrambled eggs here since that is what my husband likes. I cant eat fried eggs in front of him. It grosses him out. Get the pan nice and hot, add the egg, sunny side up get the plate and take it out it is done. Okay so it reallly isn't cooked that well but I love them like that. When my younger brother wrestled in high school they used to drink raw eggs. I've done that too and it wasn't half bad. Sorry didn't mean to gross anyone out.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I hated eggs as a kid, but now I can eat them pretty much any way, shape, or form! I love omelettes, scrambled, deviled, egg salad, poached, and (the one I used to especially hate) fried. BUT if I eat a fried or poached egg, if the yolk isn't completely runny, I can't eat it. I want the whites done, but the yolk liquid. I love fried eggs (as described) on corned beef hash. I haven't had it in years, as I don't like most brands of corned beef hash. I think the brand my mom used that I liked was Libby's. I'm going to have to try that again soon. Served with English muffins, this was a perfect Sunday night supper!

:) Barbara
Old 06-27-2004, 10:24 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

The ONLY way I dont like eggs is over-cooked.

I do prefer a few splashes of hot sauce on my omletts or scrambleds unless of course we are having sausage gravy and biscuits with scrambleds then some of the gravy goes ont he eggs.

Other wise a bit of S&P is just fine by me.

Jerry
Old 06-27-2004, 11:06 PM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Whenever my aunt orders fried eggs in a restaurant she tells them to cook it until it is as hard as a rock, and then cook it again! YUCK!

:) Barbara
Old 06-27-2004, 11:35 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

UGH!

Might as well just slap a couple of those fried egg refridgerator magnets on her plate and be done with it!

Jerry
Old 06-28-2004, 01:28 PM   #18
Senior Cook

I enjoyed them poached when I was a kid, haven't had them that way in AGES. I'll still eat them scrambled, but MUCH prefer hard boiled. Hard boiled eggs are one of my favorite guilty pleasures. But there's none so guilty for me as Egg McMuffins.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:25 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

my mothers favorite was to put a can of cream of mushroom and some extra mushrooms in when you beat the eggs .then just soft scramble um until just right , also loved it with hash ohhhhh ma god im gettin hungry :D
Old 07-20-2004, 08:15 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

i like sunny side up eggs....if it's scrambled, there should be other ingredients inside like onions with cheese or mushrooms. don't like plain scrambled eggs

dragueur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None