Whipped Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
I'm sure in a city this size I could find it readily enough.....but, guess I'm too lazy to start trekking up north in the city where I'm sure I would find it. Soooooo, can anyone tell me how to make whipped butter. How long would it last in the fridge?...I only use unsalted butter.....thanks in advance DC'rs......:)

I think because of the added milk, the whipped butter than doesn't harden. When my parents owned a restaurant, the whipped butter was made with milk and stayed fairly spreadable even when it was put in the walk-in cooler.

I think because of the added milk, the whipped butter than doesn't harden. When my parents owned a restaurant, the whipped butter was made with milk and stayed fairly spreadable even when it was put in the walk-in cooler.

I thought that was the point of whipping it - to keep it spreadable at refrigerator temperatures.

I don't think whipping it alone will let it remain soft. All that does is add air. I think the liquid is what works--although, I would think adding oil would mean that it would harden because oil gets thick...but maybe the reason for whipping is about cutting the cost of butter and not about having it spreadable <g>.

I'm not looking to cut the cost, CWS....just remember how good it tasted when I last tasted it. And altho' my hubby uses oleo, I only use butter, not a lot, but at my age, what the H.....I like to enjoy myself....LOL

Back
Top Bottom