2009 is not off to a good start...lol...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awwww, trish! Sounds like a crummy beginning to the year!

But, as someone else said, I hope you've gotten all the bad things out of the way and that the rest of the year is superior for you!

Feel better!

Lee

Trish - this is just AWFUL. Take the pain meds and relax as much as you can. I hope Paul waits on you while you are healing up!

Trish,
I know how you're hurting I had that happen to me only the woman got my car with a big dodge ram...Fun HUH? Yes you should be resting, taking warm baths or a heating pad and your meds..But I for one don't think company is what you need and over night at that..I admire you for attempting it..But, don't be brave, if it gets to much excuse yourself and go lie down..And yes tomorrow is going to be awful, so on that note, know I'll be thinking of you and wishing away some of the discomfort. Please take it easy and get better. As to you driver, may she be more careful in future and may she also pay for this.
cj

Yikes! It seems it is getting more and more dangerous to be around people in large SUV's these days especially in parking lots! I once suggested to a grocery store manager that they might start including 'crossing guards' just to ensure their patrons could make it into the store safely!
Anyway, take your pain meds and relax thankfully you were able to go home and not have to stay in the hospital. Just be careful sometimes problems don't present themselves until much later so if they find this woman and legal action comes out of it don't sign anything until you are sure all is OK with your health!

lolololol! Vera...laughter is the best medicine! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you the best life can give. Hugs to you, I hope everything works out for you.

Trish, no wonder you haven't been around much. I am so sorry to hear this! I hope your insurance can track her down and make her pay. That is horrid. And I am totally sympathetic on the flooding, we are still working on the first one and worried that the backwash is going to come in from all the snow.

I am glad you have Paul, and hopefully your company is the type that will understand if you aren't waiting on them hand and foot.

Take good care of yourself my dear friend.

THANK YOU all!!!!

I'm fine...just sore and upset that she thought it was ok to leave...what was she thinking?

I mean... If I had hit someone like that I would have been out of the car in a flash, checking on her and saying I'm sorry...and helping and and and and... I just felt like she didn't care...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY! So many of them don't seem to want to take responsibility for their actions until they are made too! I hope they throw the book at her! I'm glad you're okay though and I'm sure your guests will understand...just order a pizza!

Not to hijack the thread or take away from what you are going thru, but we know first hand about people not taking responsibility for what they do. In 05 my wife was driving home in her pickup truck from a long day at work (she is a professional gardener, it is her own business).
Anyway, we had just spent $2,200 on the truck so it would be absolutely reliable and also be able to handle heavy loads. I had also just finished a custom rack in the back so she could have all her tools locked under it and all her supplies (plants, mulch, etc) on top.
And what happens? Some guy slams into her while she is stopped at a light and totals the pickup. Luckily she was unharmed (good thing I insist on seat belt usage and got her in the habit), but being thoughtful and concerned she got out to ask the other guy if he was OK instead of grabbing his license plate number first. He tells her he is OK, has no insurance, then takes off!
Because she did not get his license plate, the insurance company wouldn't cover it, so it was a total loss for us:

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 165
so sorry you were hurt. on new years day, my computer bit the dust. had a movie from netflix. popped in it and the dang thing has subtitles. not a good day. but i was not hurt physically by either one. hope u get better quickly

I'm so sorry to hear that. Aren't some people so wonderful? **being sarcastic** I see that all the time on the way to work... just how people drive amazes me that they have a license, but the cops never seem to notice them.

I sure hope feel better! I have had days, just like your's, though not as drastic. The first half of last year, I went through hell with doctors and with my job, also. So, you have my every sympathy. I'm sure your guests will understand.

Hugggggggggggggggggggggggs to you!

Wow Trish, that's terrible. I'm sorry you were hurt, but thankful you weren't hurt worse. I'm with you, I don't know why she didn't stop to help immediately. I just don't understand people like that. Take it easy tomorrow. A warm relaxing bath when you first get up (along with a pain pill) could help. That is what I do when I'm hurting from kidney stones or muscle aches.

:)Barbara

I HATE that song! Back when they used to have that cutsie redheaded little girl on every tv show belting it, all I wanted to do was throw shoes at her to get her to stop! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Trish, hope your aches don't take too long to go away. and I hope they take that lady's license away. I'm a Sr. Citizen, but/and I agree with the Illinois law that all Seniors have to take a road test every year to renew their drivers licenses. Sure, some manage to pass who shouldn't, but at least they weed out a lot of folks who don't know when to quit.

Here in New Jersey, I went to switch my license from MA to NJ a few weeks ago, and they didn't even give me the eye test.

Oh my gosh Trish that's terrible!!!
I was gonna ask if the flooding has affected you on your mountain...
but all of this???
I really wish I was closer I'd come help ya, and I hope you stopped CLEANING and let the company deal... how messy could it possibly be?? It's not like it's my house... LOL!
:)
Feel better soon and I'll be wishing you lotsa good things, but some not so nice things for that mean 'ol lady!!!

wow, pds, you sure were lucky she hit your cart and not you, she could have flattened you like a pancake:(

yep, I bet you will be sore for a while, but really really glad you are here to tell us about it. and yep, she sure did handle it oddly. Glad she turned herself in though.

I hope you can rest and mend peacefully:)

Back
Top Bottom