HOW THEY GOT THEIR NAMES
Cream: Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, and Ginger Baker considered themselves the “cream” of the crop of British musicians.
Elton John: Reginald Dwight changed his name by combining the first names of two band mates: singer John Baldry and saxophonist Elton Dean.
David Bowie: David Jones changed his last name to Bowie to avoid being mistaken for Davy Jones of the Monkees. He chose Bowie after the hunting knife he’d seen in American films.
The B52’s: Not named after a plane-“B52” is a southern term for bouffant hairdos, which the women of the band wore early in their career.
1. what's the major league record for runs batted in by a pitcher in a single game?
2. how tall can some kangaroos grow?
3. what percentage of US citizens wear glasses at some point in their lives?
4. in which country was the abacus invented?
5. what's the oldest continuous comic strip still in existence?
6. there is only one country on earth that has no telephone service- name it.
7. fill in the blank; the little girl who fell in the well in 1987 was referred to in the media as "baby _______".
8. what year was sliced bread introduced to the marketplace? (it was "wonder bread"-LT)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
. TRUTH OR CRAP ??
legendary director Orson Welles launched his career by staging an all-black "voodoo" version of shakespeare's "macbeth".
2. seven feet
3. SIXTY PERCENT
5. THE KATZENJAMMER KIDS
7. BABY JESSICA
in 1936, when he was 20; the play, set in haiti instead of scotland, was presented in harlem under the federal theater project of the WPA. (world progress administration)
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !