A strange thing happens to us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
My DH and I both were very fond of non-veg especially meat and we never liked veg.

But from last two months we are not finding any taste in meats (just like tasteless rubbery substances), fish are smelling, only the taste of egg is ok. We tried our favorite restaurants and our favorite dishes yet we are not liking the taste like before.

We are not liking vegetables either.

Fruits and fruit juices are the only things that giving us satisfaction after eating. We became more or less frugivorous, having our meals with fruits.

I think our body is sending some kind of a signal and we are following it.

Is this thing happening due to unusually hot and humid summer?

Anyone of you have this kind change?

I've never experienced anything like that. It is definitely unusual! I'm sure the hot humid weather might have something to do with it. It is very hot and humid here right now too, and I could guzzle water and diet drinks all day long!

:)Barbara

That is strange indeed. If it continues for a while it might be worth it to discuss it with a doctor. There is probably a perfectly normal reason for it, but just in case, your doctor should know it if continues.

I totally agree you should check with your doc. I live in Texas and it's hot here, but it's a walk in the park compared to Calcutta. It could be that your body just doesn't want to use the energy (heat) to digest certain foods, such as meats and protein. I'm sure you know this but make sure you are well hydrated and your electrolytes are within normal limits (something your doc will do). That being said, I have always believed the body craves what it needs. Most fruit contain a lot of water. Keep eating and drinking but check with your doc. Good luck.

Katy

Yes, you are right. We must consult a doctor. I don't know why it did not came to my mind before.

Some older people are telling that we are become more 'Swattic' ( people having better heart and soul than average people, they are more compassionate and generally vegetarian because they don't like killing animals for meat)

Thanks to all for your concern and suggestion (that's I like DC).

Back
Top Bottom